Doctor Who General Thread

OK, I think I've probably seen him playing a supporting role in the odd film but nothing springs to mind (or am I thinking of Matt Smith?).

TV wise, Who and JJ really is it. The first time I can say I'd heard of him was when he starred in Casanova, but that didn't appeal to me at all. I'll look into He Knew He Was Right though.

Broadchurch is another one which I passed on as it didn't look very interesting. Having seen what Chibnal's done to Who I'm doubly sure I don't want to watch it. :)

To be honest I watch VERY little broadcast TV, nigh on nothing over the past two or three years. I'll dip in occasionally and watch the odd rerun of Two and a Half Men or 3rd Rock (even though I have the complete DVD collection of that one). I can count the number of shows I have set on series record on five fingers...

I think Tennant has done quite a bit of film work. His career after Who didn't quite go as stellar as everyone expected. I remember an article saying that it wouldn't be long before he was too big for got the Tardis. Still I wouldn't mind being a few bob behind him. Id quite like to have his pulling power too. If you do get to see He Knew He Was Right i hope you enjoy it. I wouldn't mind seeing it again.

Bri

paul-stenton.jpg

desousa-purvis.jpg

Missing Doctor Who episode is filmed at UCLan

Yesterday was the 40th anniversary of Worzel Gummidge (Southern Television production for ITV, Sunday 25th February 1979), and 'coincidentally' they've found something ...
An unseen animated episode of popular TV show Worzel Gummidge has been unearthed.

The original ITV show ran for four series from 1979, featuring Doctor Who star Jon Pertwee as talking scarecrow Worzel and Una Stubbs as Aunt Sally. It was filmed in Hampshire.

A BBC producer found an unbroadcast animated pilot episode that was due to run in the mid-1990s.

The animation never made it to TV screens after Pertwee died in May 1996.

Producers had been in talks to broadcast the spin-off show on Sky.

New Radio 4 drama starring Pearl Mackie (with music from Bonobo :smashin: ... Forest 404 - S9: Bonobo’s Theme - BBC Sounds) just launched as a full boxset streaming at BBC sounds, and a downloadable podcast
Can you feel loss for something you’ve never known? An environmental thriller starring Pearl Mackie, Tanya Moodie & Pippa Haywood. With theme music by Bonobo. #Forest404
The BBC is to launch an innovative sci-fi podcast series, featuring Doctor Who star Pearl Mackie, which imagines a world in which the world’s forests have been erased from history. Created by Radio 4 as a 27-episode narrative, Forest 404 is the BBC’s most ambitious podcast to date. It is accompanied by a national experiment looking at how listening to natural sounds could boost well-being and a factual guide to story’s environmental themes will be available alongside each episode.

Available as a BBC Sounds box set from Thursday, the project centres on a sci-fi thriller story, set in the 24th Century.

Eerie soundscape

Mackie, who starred as Bill Potts in Doctor Who, voices Pan, a sound archivist who uncovers recordings from the early 21st century that haunt her.

They are recordings of rainforests, places which no longer exist, and Pan feels compelled to hunt down the truth about how the forests of the old world died.

Written by Timothy X Atack, a Bruntwood Prize for playwriting winner, Forest 404 features an all-female cast including Bodyguard actress Pippa Haywood and Tanya Moodie (Sherlock).

‘Why listen to trees?’

An “experimental immersive 3D soundscape” provides the backdrop to each episode, whilst real-life musicians, biofuturists, bioethicists and anthropologists explore questions such as “Why should I listen to trees?” and “Would you vote for an AI government?”.

Rhian Roberts, Radio 4 Digital Commissioner for Radio 4, said: “Podcasting gives us the chance to play with sound and form away from the classic radio schedule, it allows the whole shape and format of Forest 404 to be genuinely experimental.”

She added: “Podcasts also have that ability to pull us into a very close relationship with a story, we wanted the layered approach to draw listeners even more deeply into this twisted futuristic world.”
Stressed or tired after a long day?

Listening to nature might help you feel better.

Take part in a ten minute experiment and help us understand how people respond to the sounds of the natural world.
p0759vdg.jpg

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom