Doctor Who General Thread

Garrett

Garrett

A very impressive remake. They really made it look authentically 60s.
Way better when they tried to recreate them in the late 80s I think Blue Peter could have done better(note the feet). :D
Crap Dalek feet.jpg

Garrett

I have a soft spot for that music video. A lot of fun to watch (some of it for the wrong reasons).
Not for the same reason as there a rumpus over the Joker? :rolleyes:

krish

Distinguished Member
but I don't think the music video was made with the intention to make people laugh either.
It was intentionally taking the piss, whether or not you or I personally were amused. They were/are tricksters. After all, they followed up the single with this book ...
410ACVVCF2L.jpg

I always thought it was intentionally funny.
Yep Bri me too. Canny fellas Cauty and Drummond. KLF/Timelords/JAMs were an amazing act, was a big fan and long time fan of the Orb. That podcast/series was fun. Downloaded and listened to it all back in January, though it's available indefinitely.

I liked the cheeky rock version of What Time Is Love (re-titled "America: What Time Is Love?"), with Glen Hughes of Deep Purple Mk3 - Mk4 fame

brian s

Distinguished Member
It was intentionally taking the piss, whether or not you or I personally were amused. They were/are tricksters. After all, they followed up the single with this book ...
View attachment 1206484
Yep Bri me too. Canny fellas Cauty and Drummond. KLF/Timelords/JAMs were an amazing act, was a big fan and long time fan of the Orb. That podcast/series was fun. Downloaded and listened to it all back in January, though it's available indefinitely.

I liked the cheeky rock version of What Time Is Love (re-titled "America: What Time Is Love?"), with Glen Hughes of Deep Purple Mk3 - Mk4 fame

Yes I quite liked them too Krish. I have the video of Doctorin' The Tardis on CD Video. I still have a working Laserdisc player that will play it. Or at least it was still working last I used it. I even got away with with this one.

Me and Tammy are usually like oil and water.

Did you catch that radio show I mentioned in an earlier post. I caught part of it while I was in the kitchen one night and didn't have the faintest idea what it was. I was only half listening until I started hearing things like Ford Time Lord and the Time Lords.

Bri

Last edited:

krish

Distinguished Member
Did you catch that radio show I mentioned in an earlier post. I caught part of it while I was in the kitchen one night and didn't have the faintest idea what it was. I was only half listening until I started hearing things like Ford Time Lord and the Time Lords.
Yep that was the series/podcast I mentioned. Also posted about it in this GC podcast thread ...
three new podcasts I've just started listening to ...
The Dropout is about the Theranos scandal and its founder Elizabeth, the other two are serious and comedy dramas on the Iranian Revolution of '79 (narrated by Diana Rigg) and those Justified Ancients of Mu Mu, the KLF

DalekbusterTV

So today was the 13th October, and no Series 12 trailer.

The THIRTEENTH of October.

They were handed a golden opportunity on a plate there for some Series 12 news at least, and there's nothing. That really highlights how useless Chibnall is at the publicity side of things.

brian s

Distinguished Member
So today was the 13th October, and no Series 12 trailer.

The THIRTEENTH of October.

They were handed a golden opportunity on a plate there for some Series 12 news at least, and there's nothing. That really highlights how useless Chibnall is at the publicity side of things.
Indeed! Sack the the beggar. He's useless.

krish

Distinguished Member
He's probably better at the publicity side of things than he is the writing and producing side of things.

Btw, am I missing something, as I don't quite get the significance of the 13th/THIRTEENTH of October? It's hardly 23rd November.

DalekbusterTV

He's probably better at the publicity side of things than he is the writing and producing side of things.

Btw, am I missing something, as I don't quite get the significance of the 13th/THIRTEENTH of October? It's hardly 23rd November.
Hardly. He keeps things too secretive and doesn't reveal enough.

The Thirteenth of October's significance is because our current Doctor is the Thirteenth Doctor.

brian s

Distinguished Member
I've now read Christopher Eccleston's autobiography. I found it a bit clunky to begin with but it was fine once I got used to his writing style. It's not in any real chronological order. He travels in time throughout his life. More akin to Slaughterhouse 5's Billy Pilgrim rather than the Doctor. I'd only recommend this if you're interested in Christopher himself and his overall career. If you're only or mainly interested in Dr Who then it's not really for you. There's one chapter on his time in the show and he doesn't go into any detail of the issues he had during it's production. The chapter is sandwiched between two very short chapters in which he relates watching his episodes with his children. He goes into considerable detail about his dad's dementia and his own mental health problems.

I picked it up for a fiver as I had a tenner off from Watersones but I saw it going for £8.99 in Sainburys yesterday. Well worth it for that price.

Bri