Doctor Who General Thread

Garrett

krish

Distinguished Member

brian s

Distinguished Member
I saw this in HMV the other day.

IMG_20190817_165735.jpg

It is certainly a thing of beauty but £100 for snap crackle and pop?

Bri

Sonic67

Distinguished Member
The fully-interactive Doctor Who VR game ‘The Edge Of Time’ is arriving in September

Following the recent reveal of the animated VR experience Doctor Who: The Runaway, a new cinematic, feature-length Doctor Who VR videogame is coming this September.

Published by PlayStack and developed by Maze Theory, Doctor Who: The Edge Of Timewill transport fans into a globally-beloved world of aliens, mystery and wonder, letting them embark on a brand-new and fully-interactive adventure, inspired by the show’s 55-year history and starring the Doctor’s current incarnation, played by Jodie Whittaker.

krish

Distinguished Member
Legend. Because of his many Target novelisations of classic Who, I probably read more books of his than any other author in my childhood.

RIP

brian s

Distinguished Member
Legend. Because of his many Target novelisations of classic Who, I probably read more books of his than any other author in my childhood.

RIP
Indeed it was one of the few ways of revisiting (or just visiting in your case) the old Who stories. In the days before video the Target books were invaluable. By sheer coincidence I rewatched The Five Doctors on Sunday. That was one of his many scripts for the show.

Bri

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
I would love a Doctor Who cinematic universe (DWCU) from Marvel on the big screen.

krish

Distinguished Member
Won't have anything directly to do with Who though, just Bob Baker and Dave Martin's creations K9 and Omega. Don't see it happening other than straight to video (on demand) if at all.

Original 2015 announcement ...
K9, the world’s most famous robot dog traverses the dimensions of space and time to become the latest robot star of the big screen!

Having made his TV debut nearly forty years ago in the 1977 Doctor Who TV serial “The Invisible Enemy” K9 went on to become one of the most iconic characters from the BBC series.

A new look high tech K9 for today’s cinema is being prepared for film stardom.

The film “K9-TIMEQUAKE” has been written by one of K9’s original creators; Bob Baker, a renowned writer of classic Doctor Who serials. Bob went on to co-write with Nick Park the Oscar and Bafta winning Wallace & Gromit series of film shorts as well as the feature film The Curse of the Were-Rabbit.

The new K9 will be appearing in a multi-million dollar movie which promises to be a great action adventure set in deep space. The film will be full of dashing heroes and heroines, androids, monstrous aliens and an ultimate foe who will also be familiar to Doctor Who fans everywhere; the megalomaniac OMEGA.

The film is to be a UK co-production with exteriors filmed overseas and studio work planned for the UK.

K9 is the perfect character to star in a movie with a whole new bunch of action heroes making this a home grown Star Wars come Guardians of the Galaxy style cinema must see film.

The film is currently slated for release in 2017 which will be K9’s fortieth birthday!

Last edited: