Doctor Who General Thread

I watched the Gerry Anderson film Journey To The Far Side Of The Sun/Doppelganger tonight. I was surprised to see the Brigadier in a blink and miss it role. He was the second medical analyst.

Bri

^^^ Interesting comment on the article
Isn't it true though that viewing figures are down across the board? ALL shows have experienced a drop not just DW.
If indeed true then its relative popularity has not really diminished, and that is the more accurate measure of performance. Poor interpretation of data just for a dramatic article/clickbait?

^^^ Interesting comment on the article
If indeed true then its relative popularity has not really diminished, and that is the more accurate measure of performance. Poor interpretation of data just for a dramatic article/clickbait?

I'm not so sure Krish. You''re absolutely correct about the general drop in viewing figures. There's just so much stuff out there on so many platforms. Dr Who has had a very loyal fan base that has helped buck the trend. It's fall off in rating was marginal compared to most of the other programming. These last two series haven't fared so well though. I suspect a sizable number of folk haven't been too keen on it.

I still haven't seen any decent reports on it's BBC America viewing figures. I saw one on the first episode which suggested that it had halfed it's audience. Very worrying if true. I'd be interested in seeing the sales figures for the DVDs and blus. I have all of the new Who up to and including Matt. I haven't bought and will not buy any of Peter's.

Bri

DD-acl1WAAE90Yj.jpg

A nice photo of Bill at a charity event for disabled children in 1966.

Bri

From BBC Comedy (when I found those Inside No 9 vids) ...

Published on 28 Apr 2017

Here at the Beeb, we're keen for the next Doctor to be a lady. But what problems might she face?

We've brought in lady-write Rachel De-Lahay and producer Gabriel Bisset-Smith to figure out how a female Time-Lord works!

Written, directed by and starring Gabriel Bisset-Smith

Nobody seems to have picked up on the announcement. I'd just sat down after switching on the tv for the news. I heard the Tardis and I think they said they would introduce the new Doctor after the tennis.

Bri

Nobody seems to have picked up on the announcement. I'd just sat down after switching on the tv for the news. I heard the Tardis and I think they said they would introduce the new Doctor after the tennis.

Bri
I watched the promo on tv, new doctor reveal after Mens final on Sunday as you say

the new 13th Doctor to be reveled this weekend

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom