Doctor Who: 50th Anniversary Specials (Blu-ray Steelbook)

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
Purchase links: Amazon.co.uk - HMV - Zavvi - Zoom.co.uk

Release date: 08/02/2021

DW_50AS.jpg

This four-disc limited edition collector's set includes special episodes and over 7 hours of extras:

The Name of the Doctor

The Series 7 finale, starring Matt Smith. The Doctor has a secret he will take to his grave. And it is discovered...

The Night of the Doctor

Special mini-episode 'The Night of the Doctor' to reveal the Doctor's dark chapter.
Starring Paul McGann, this BBC iPlayer exclusive will for the first time ever reveal what became of the 8th Doctor. On the eve of his most terrible battle, the Time Lord is faced with a choice that will change the course of his life. The darkest of days are about to begin.

The Doctor has always been a man of secrets - and now they can be told...

The Day of the Doctor

The Day of the Doctor stars Matt Smith, David Tennant, Jenna Coleman, with Billie Piper and John Hurt. The Doctors embark on their greatest adventure in this 50th Anniversary Special: in 2013, something terrible is awakening in London’s National Gallery; in 1562, a murderous plot is afoot in Elizabethan England; and somewhere in space an ancient battle reaches its devastating conclusion. All of reality is at stake as the Doctor’s own dangerous past comes back to haunt him.

The Time of the Doctor

The Eleventh Doctor, Matt Smith, takes the controls of the TARDIS for the last time in The Time of the Doctor. Orbiting a quiet backwater planet, the massed forces of the universe’s deadliest species gather, drawn to a mysterious message that echoes out to the stars. And amongst them - the Doctor. Rescuing Clara from a family Christmas dinner, the Time Lord and his best friend must learn what this enigmatic signal means for his own fate and that of the universe.

An Adventure in Space and Time

On November 23rd 1963, a television legend began when the very first episode of Doctor Who was broadcast in the UK on BBC One. Fifty years later, An Adventure in Space and Time brings to life the story of the show’s creation and the role in its success of the first producer, director and, of course, the very first Doctor – William Hartnell.

In addition to over 7 hours of extras, including: • The Name of the Doctor Behind The Scenes
• Doctor Who – The Ultimate Guide
• Behind the Lens: The Day of the Doctor
• Script to Screen: 50th Read-through
• The Last Day
• Tales from the TARDIS
• Cinema Intros: The Doctor / Strax
• Trailers
• Behind the Lens: The Time of the Doctor
• A Night with the Stars: The Science of Doctor Who
• Deleted scene
• Farewell to Matt Smith
• William Hartnell: The Original
• The Making of AAISAT
• Reconstructions: Scenes from An Unearthly Child / The Pilot / Regeneration
• Deleted Scenes: The Radiophonic Workshop / Verity’s Leaving Party
• Farewell to Susan
• Festive Greeting
• Title sequences
• The Five(ish) Doctors
• Doctor Who at the Proms 2013

Attachments

• DW_50AS (inside).jpg
    DW_50AS (inside).jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 24
  • DW_50AS (back).jpg
    DW_50AS (back).jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 25
  • DW_50AS (open).jpg
    DW_50AS (open).jpg
    432.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Steca

Thanks,
Looks good, Shame it’s not 4K.

Doctor Hades

Well Amazon messed up on my order. This was supposed to be delivered on Thursday, 4th February but, when it didn't turn up by 10pm, I checked my account to see that the delivery date had changed to Monday, 8th instead due to "issues" with the parcel. I checked another order today on my account and saw that this item had changed to "Undeliverable" and that it was being returned for a full refund but had received no email from Amazon as to why it was deemed this way.

Contacted them this morning by Live Chat to find out that the parcel was damaged in transit and that they were unable to send out a replacement. This still have this listed but it is from a third-party reseller at £36.98 instead of the £25.99 I paid direct from Amazon.

I tried HMV, Zoom and, god forbid, even Zavvi but they all show it out of stock. So pissed off right now at Amazon and their random quality packaging - sometimes it is good but more often than not they send stuff out in flmsy cardboard mailers and even jiffy bags so is it any wonder stuff gets damaged. They did not even bother to email me about it which annoys me even more. I think I'll be a bit more cautious about pre-ordering from Amazon going forward...

Whitley Lad

Distinguished Member
Well Amazon messed up on my order. This was supposed to be delivered on Thursday, 4th February but, when it didn't turn up by 10pm, I checked my account to see that the delivery date had changed to Monday, 8th instead due to "issues" with the parcel. I checked another order today on my account and saw that this item had changed to "Undeliverable" and that it was being returned for a full refund but had received no email from Amazon as to why it was deemed this way.

Contacted them this morning by Live Chat to find out that the parcel was damaged in transit and that they were unable to send out a replacement. This still have this listed but it is from a third-party reseller at £36.98 instead of the £25.99 I paid direct from Amazon.

I tried HMV, Zoom and, god forbid, even Zavvi but they all show it out of stock. So pissed off right now at Amazon and their random quality packaging - sometimes it is good but more often than not they send stuff out in flmsy cardboard mailers and even jiffy bags so is it any wonder stuff gets damaged. They did not even bother to email me about it which annoys me even more. I think I'll be a bit more cautious about pre-ordering from Amazon going forward...

Very similar tale to yours here, only difference being they told me via live chat this morning that mine appears to have been lost by the courier. They were very quick to offer a full refund and one free month of my Prime membership.

This is the latest in a long line of problems I have had with them recently with pre-orders but something stinks about this one.

What is also strange is checking my account on mobile app I got a notification saying £25.99 has been refunded, order has been cancelled and to return the item once I receive it?!

Last edited:

Doctor Hades

Very similar tale to yours here, only difference being they told me via live chat this morning that mine appears to have been lost by the courier. They were very quick to offer a full refund and one free month of my Prime membership.

This is the latest in a long line of problems I have had with them recently with pre-orders but something stinks about this one.

What is also strange is checking my account on mobile app I got a notification saying £25.99 has been refunded, order has been cancelled and to return the item once I receive it?!

Very stange.

I did not get an email, only a text stating that the order had been refunded in full. In fact, they sent it twice but the second one was likely a result of me complaining that I had not been emailed about it.

When I saw "Undeliverable" on my account against this order, I originally thought it was a case of the courier being unable to find my front door (it would not be the first time...) as I live on a terrace which has the main gate locked (residents have keys) but some of them are too daft to realise that there is a clearly visible entrance to the terrace via the rear garages which you can see through the terrace gate! I would have rather it had been that then a damaged steelbook which I can no longer buy at the original pre-order price.

Whitley Lad

Distinguished Member
It seems there are a good few who have been let down on this title by Amazon. I know I ordered this the day it was available for pre-order with Amazon so I am rather annoyed not to have received it.

Whitley Lad

Distinguished Member
A further rant on this,..........having thought I had secured a copy this morning on ebay and paid a reasonable price I have this evening had a message from the seller (Speedyhen) saying they have none available but hope to have in 3-5 weeks. They have offered a full refund or I can wait on them hopefully getting stock in.
What has happened with this title?
Should I take the refund, or wait?
Will Amazon get more in?

Steca

Also had mine delivered.
Not trying to offend, But it’s a cracking steelbook.

Whitley Lad

Distinguished Member
Did you guys get notifications last week that it would be delivered Friday?

Steca

Yes they said it will be delivered Friday.
But when I looked on Amazon it said something like we are sorry but you wont get it until Monday.
I though they had lost it they way they worded it.
Glad they didn’t.

MrSynner

I didn't - for me, the notification that it was coming was when I opened the envelope and found it in there. I find I usually have the parcel in my hands before I get to see any notification.
I'd also forgotten I'd ordered it.

Whitley Lad

Distinguished Member
Got refund from Amazon, refund from Speedyhen and have one en route from a private ebay seller.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom