Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness Movie Review & Comments

I had decided to just wait till this hits Disney+ but I think I'll pop along and see it this week, as I happened across a spoiler elsewhere earlier and no doubt the whole thing will be ruined for me by the time another month goes by.

I had decided to just wait till this hits Disney+ but I think I'll pop along and see it this week, as I happened across a spoiler elsewhere earlier and no doubt the whole thing will be ruined for me by the time another month goes by.

Try and see it in 3D in the IMAX if you can. Worth it for the visuals imo.

Try and see it in 3D in the IMAX if you can. Worth it for the visuals imo.

Well it's funny you should say that, because I've just looked at the IMAX times near me and they're no bloody good unfortunately. But I don't do 3D either, so I'll just have to bog standard it and watch it IMAX Enhanced when it gets on Disney+

Waiting is very risky…too many spoilers all over the place…watch it and you will at least have some surprises…

Well it's funny you should say that, because I've just looked at the IMAX times near me and they're no bloody good unfortunately. But I don't do 3D either, so I'll just have to bog standard it and watch it IMAX Enhanced when it gets on Disney+
Is imax enhanced a step change ? How do you get it? I believe it is more screen estate versus standard movie bars?
Don’t think my pana Oled does it but hopefully my future Sony.
Just curious to know

The IMAX times are all over the place near me too. My pal wanted to see it so I went again and the screen was 9:15pm on a Thursday which is pure late. Nearly slept in for work. Either way I hope you enjoy it mate. It's not for everyone but I liked it.

Waiting is very risky…too many spoilers all over the place…watch it and you will at least have some surprises…

Yeah it's a bit like No Way Home, although I was more eager to see that to be honest.

It's the problem these days, somewhere like this is managed well where spoilers are concerned, but out in the Wild West it can be pot luck. I came across one just looking for something about Moon Knight. Which as I understand it isn't even connected.

Is imax enhanced a step change ? How do you get it? I believe it is more screen estate versus standard movie bars?
Just curious to know

Are you using a built in app? I can get IMAX enhanced on Disney Plus on the app on my phone (albeit 1080p) so it should have it even if it's an older OLED. The only difference is the aspect ratio. Go to the marvel section on Disney Plus and see if there is an IMAX enhanced section.

Just curious to know

Should be a wee subsection like that

20220515_181146.JPG

Are you using a built in app? I can get IMAX enhanced on Disney Plus on the app on my phone (albeit 1080p) so it should have it even if it's an older OLED. The only difference is the aspect ratio. Go to the marvel section on Disney Plus and see if there is an IMAX enhanced section.
I didn’t even know
I am using Amazon fire as Panasonic has a pretty basic OS. I need to check if Disney is native or via Amazon…probably latter.

I will have a look today. Big thanks

I didn’t even know
I am using Amazon fire as Panasonic has a pretty basic OS. I need to check if Disney is native or via Amazon…probably latter.

I will have a look today. Big thanks

Sorry I forgot to reply to your other post, but I see Johnny has sorted you out.

I enjoyed watching some of them again enhanced.

Thank you guys, just found imax enhanced and super happy…will watch some thanos in that format..you made my day 😍😍
Not much there but hopefully all the coming movies will be like that

Well that was all a bit bonkers.

I obviously expected Raimi and we sure as hell got Raimi.

However we then got an extra dose of Raimi - clearly just for shits and giggles - as he was obviously having a great time spinning The Evil Dead and Drag Me To Hell into the MCU.

I did enjoy it though, but it wasn't without it's problems. I'll have to ponder them, but for now I'd give it a 7.5

A little disappointing in the grand scheme of the MCU, but certainly no slouch of an entry. Something different from what we've had, and a bold move to have let Raimi helm it.

Last edited:
Considering the title, and after the events of Spider-Man: No Way Home, the scale of this felt small and the stakes didn't feel high. All the possibilities and we just ended up in future version of the same location.

Considering the title, and after the events of Spider-Man: No Way Home, the scale of this felt small and the stakes didn't feel high. All the possibilities and we just ended up in future version of the same location.
Yes not enough exploration of the other universes. Shame as we get many brief glimpses of them too.

I enjoyed Dr Strange more than expected despite a few negatives I have. However, MCU with the multiverse and space travel has pretty much taken away any jeopardy to normal, every day earth citizens that was ever present in the original Avengers phases.

Its scattered among all recent entries, yes, there may be the odd monster here or street fight there that crop up in random normal places, but its contained quickly and the big destructive battles are fought in made up places far from civilisation as we know it.

Gone are the days of mighty heroes saving everyday folk, lets just whizz off to X place and have a massive CGI fight where only goodies and baddies can get hurt..

spoilers

Not the best Marvel, 7/10 is about right. Kids enjoyed it more. I'm more looking forward to watching Everything Everywhere All at Once with my other half.

This is to come.

Overlong, over wrought and over hyped is a better title.
This movie has had consistent good reviews from all the right places. It's quirky and fast paced. I'm looking forward to it.

Just watched it on D+
Picture quality is great....
First Strange i watched couple times...really like it.
This movie is not even close for me.... 6/10

Having waited for this to appear on Disney+, I finally got around to seeing it today. Not top tier Marvel, but I found it a pretty wild ride. Really enjoyed the addition of America Chavez, and Sam Raimi's fingerprints all over this (even THAT car) kept it feeling a little fresher than I've come to expect from the MCU. Having loved Wandavision, I think those who swerved it probably won't get as much out of it. Impressive picture and audio quality.
7.5/10

The general critical concensus out there recently has been that 'Oh, Eternals is just a very average Marvel movie' and that 'Oh, Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness is just a very average Marvel movie' and that 'Shang Chi is an AWESOME Marvel movie'. I don't agree with any of these appraisals.

This was great! Hugely entertaining, with mind-boggling visual effects and real stakes. Better than Shang Chi, and on another planet entirely to the dismal Eternals.

Also, the HDR and colour grading, and the picture more generally is among the best I've ever seen, with a thunderous Atmos soundtrack to go with it. Props to Disney here, it rarely gets this stuff right. I would be lying if I said getting the audiovisual side right to the point of teasing some of the best possible performance out of my gear doesn't influence my opinion of the film as a whole — of course it does. Still, would watch again, and soon!

As some others have said, you'd better watch Wandavision prior to going in. Not doing so is going to take away a lot.

Last edited:
Watched it last night after finishing the last few episodes of Wandavision, which I had binned because I didn't like the series at all.

This was a massive miss for me, just a mess of CGI and that's about it.

I liked the previous Doctor Strange film but this was as much about Wanda as it is about him, and, for me, just didn't work.

Shame as I really enjoyed the recent Spidey and Hawkeye.

4/10

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom