BMox81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Civil War is the one I want the most in 4K at the moment. Looks like the first Captain America is also getting a release though

Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment
  • Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2** (US/UK) – 8/22/17 – REVIEW – DA
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (US/--) – 10/3/17 – REVIEW – DA
  • Cars 3 (US/--) – 11/7/17 – DA
  • Coco** (US/--) – 2/27/18 – REVIEW – DA
  • Thor: Ragnarok* (US/UK) – 3/6/18 – REVIEW – DA
  • Star Wars: The Last Jedi** (US/UK) – 3/27/18 – REVIEW – N4K, DV, DA
  • Black Panther (US/UK) – 5/15/18 – REVIEW – N4K, DV, DA
  • A Wrinkle in Time* (US/UK) – 6/5/18 – REVIEW – DA
  • The Incredibles (US/UK) – 6/5/18 – DA
  • Avengers: Infinity War (US/UK) – 8/14/18 – N4K, DA
  • The Avengers* (US/UK) – 8/14/18 – REVIEW – DA
  • Avengers: Age of Ultron* (US/UK) – 8/14/18 – REVIEW – DA
  • Solo: A Star Wars Story* (US/UK) – 9/25/18 – REVIEW – N4K, DA, DV only on Digital 4K
  • Ant-Man and The Wasp (US/UK) – 10/16/18 – N4K, DA
  • The Incredibles 2 (US/UK) – 11/6/18 – DA
  • Wreck-It Ralph (US/UK) – 11/6/18
  • The Lion King (US/UK) – 12/4/18
  • Doctor Strange (US/UK) – 1/15/19
  • Captain America: The First Avenger (US/UK) – TBA Feb-March 2019
  • The Little Mermaid – TBA 2019
  • The Nutcracker and the Four Realms – TBA 2019

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
RedDevil85 thread Merged

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
im guessing because its not available yet else where officially, I just posted the link incase anyone wanted it now, yes you would have to be desperate to pay that, but people do, and i guess they have their reasons for doing so,

the other thing to consider is if they are US releases then they will come with digital codes, which for some peeps is worth while,

It's available at JB Hifi in Australia for around £18 delivered (after reclaming GST).
Doctor Strange

How quickly do packages arrived from them? About to place an order for all 3

EDIT: Bit of a bargain that, less than £45 for all 3 delivered. And we can reclaim the import fees?

Last edited:
How quickly do packages arrived from them? About to place an order for all 3

EDIT: Bit of a bargain that, less than £45 for all 3 delivered. And we can reclaim the import fees?
Don't place anything but an order for a single disc at a time otherwise they will ship in one package and you will get hit by import fees. To be really safe, just in case they decide to combine orders for shipment, I order one disc, wait until it's shipped, and then order the next one.

Average is 14-21 days, usually at the lower end of that.

No you can't reclaim import fees, but can ask them to refund the GST sales tax (VAT) as you are a UK customer. They are normally quick with refund for that, within a day or two.

Don't place anything but an order for a single disc at a time otherwise they will ship in one package and you will get hit by import fees. To be really safe, just in case they decide to combine orders for shipment, I order one disc, wait until it's shipped, and then order the next one.

Average is 14-21 days, usually at the lower end of that.

No you can't reclaim import fees, but can ask them to refund the GST sales tax (VAT) as you are a UK customer. They are normally quick with refund for that, within a day or two.

How long do they normally take to ship an order? I've still yet to receive any communication that the order is on it's way and still says unfulfilled when I look at my account

Cant see any way of cancelling it either :(

How long do they normally take to ship an order? I've still yet to receive any communication that the order is on it's way and still says unfulfilled when I look at my account

Cant see any way of cancelling it either :(
1-2 working days from when disc is in stock. As it was only released yesterday it's a bit early to be worried about it. Could be the supplier was late providing the discs. I've occasionally had orders take 5-6 working days to ship.

Last edited:
1-2 working days from when disc is in stock. As it was only released yesterday it's a bit early to be worried about it. Could be the supplier was late providing the discs. I've occasionally had orders take 5-6 working days to ship.

Yeah after I posted I checked and I didn't realise it wasn't released till today, just assumed it had already been released :facepalm:

Not so much a bargain as they are the 4k disc only, no SD Bluray if you want it for the extras, plus if you get hit import duty.

I already own like 4 or 5 copies of the BD discs for these films already so I really dont need them again

I gave the 3d a spin last night, what a disc that is ..... interested to see a tidy review of the 4K verion as this in one marvel that i do re-watch

Excellent quality disc shame about the 4k only from Aus (I do have the blu on one of those big screen covers so I can just pop that in if I want the extras.) The sound was awesome it really gave my Atmos speakers a good work out.

So the UK version will be available as part of a boxset only on the 11/11/20 for £75.

It's shocking really locking individual releases behind boxsets for those that have supported the individual releases.

I'm sure they'll come out individually later on. They're just trying to get as much money as they can from consumers. Why the UK strategy is different to the US and Aus I've no idea though. Disney UK seems to be run by the Mad Hatter.

Yeah it's not a great business practice. I suppose theres no mad rush but you would think theres more profit to be made from these individual releases rather than the full boxsets.

Totally more profit by individual releases, especially considering how much Disney charge for them when new. But then they want to motivate sales of the box set and this is another reason for people to buy it (most will already have the other films I'd assume). Still grates though.
They may still surprise us with a late release announcement, we don't seem to get much advance warning on some of our 4K releases in the UK.

Caved in and ordered from Amazon US. Has taken a week to arrive so not too bad.

Question is, do I go for Guardians too!?
IMG-20191030-WA0001.jpeg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom