Dock connector to RCA not working. Should it?

dave_bass5

Distinguished Member
I have a couple of 30 pin to RCA cables that ive used with my Nano's over the years.
I tried them with my 3rd Gen iPod Touch (and iPhone 4) the other day and noticed they didn't cut the sound from the speaker, and didnt output any audio.

Silly question but should they? I want to run the Touch through a mixing desk at gigs and would prefer to use the 30 pin connector, if nothing else it will stop anyone messing with the volume at that end.

Cheers.

bpsmith

Distinguished Member
Didn't the cables change a few years back when the charging would no longer work as the pins were swapped around? Maybe this is the same issue for the Audio bits too?

dave_bass5

Distinguished Member
You could well be right.
The leads i have do work fine with my Nano's and old 5.5G ipod, think they must be quite old though.

Ive not used my Touch for about 14 months, and didnt use the cables with it before so maybe i just never noticed.

Cheers.

dave_bass5

Distinguished Member
Ive just realised i was using the wrong search phrase in google, thats why i wasn't coming up with much. Using the phrase "line out" seems to get me loads of relevant replies and yes, i think i need a newer cable.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom