1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dobly Digital 2 Channel

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by jda, Apr 19, 2004.

1. jda

jda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use a DVD recorder which records sound in 2 channel Dolby digital.

When the recording is played back the AV amp switches to 2 channel mode and not surround even if the programmes are in Dolby Prologic but becuase the AV amp detects a dolby signal it thinks 5.1

I was wandering if there is anyway to change the code on the dvd recording using computer software to tell the player to output a surround signal.

ie Use IFedit or something on computer and re-burn???

Ideas???

PS Have tried DVD recorder forum with no luck...

2. Dean

Dean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +190
    What amp are you using, sounds weird as you should just be able to choose a sound format manually i.e just press pro-logic.

3. jda

jda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can select manually but I've noticed some comercial discs can switch to Dolby Digital and Pro Logic. Mine switch to Dolby Digital as if it was 5.1 but only get 2 channels.

The player must output the signal for the format or does them amp just switch based on what it thinks the signal is.

BTW. Its a Kenwood 6050 amp.

4. mudan

mudan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Some receivers/av amps have a default 2 channel mode option. e.g. on my Sony DB1080 amp, I have it set to PLIIMovie, so that when a DVD 2 channel signal is detected on 'Auto' mode my chosen sound option is enabled.