1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do YouWant to Join a BF2 Clan?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by Hawklord, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +267
    Hi,
    I know that you currently have your own Unofficial BF2 server and quite a few of you enjoy playing BF2. Greg and myself belong to a clan called .:iGi:. (I'm Going In) and we are currently recruiting. We are group of like minded people who enjoy playing online multiplayer games together as a team. We have over 20 members (playing a variety of games) currently and have quite a good foundation for a really good gaming community. We also play CS:S and will be actively involved with DOD:Source when it's available too. We have our own 18 man CS:S server and 32 man BF2 ranked server and will soon be getting our own dedicated box to run all our gaming servers off it. We play in a league called Enemy Down at the moment for CS:S and will also be participating when BF2 is set up on ED too.
    To become a member of the clan you would have to take a two week trial just to make sure your an active player on our servers and contribute to the forums on our website (www.imgoingin.co.uk). It has nothing to do with ability but if your good then that's an added bonus ;) You'd be expected to make a small contribution towards the server payment (whichever one's you use) which can be as little (a couple of quid) or as much as you can afford each month.
    We use useful tools like Team Speak and x-fire to keep in touch and enhance the whole online multiplayer gaming experience.
    If your interest or just want some more information why not give our forums a visit over at www.imgoingin.co.uk and sign up.

Happy Gaming :smashin:

.:iGi:.Hawklord

2. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +267
    No takers then:(

3. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,380
    I seriously comtemplated replying Hawk, as I'd love to get a regular game of BF2. Having just paid for one server I'd be a bit miffed to pay again though! ;) I pop in occasionally on your server, and will do again. We'll see what happens in the next week or two...

4. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +267
    Yeh your quite welcome to join us on our server mate ;) It's usually quite busy evenings and weekends. We had our first PCW last night and our first victory :D
    As to paying for a server we currently have about 12 people contributing towards the bf2 server so only works out at about £7 each a month and all those who contribute get admin rights ;)
    If you join the clan you will always be guarenteed a place on the server and we will be having plenty of CW's when we have joined ED. Our second PCW is set up for Wednesday so if you fancy a game and want to make up our numbers then your quite welcome. Post on our forum if you wish to have a game and we'll have to sort out the TS details etc.
    We play games to have fun and don't take ourselves too seriously. We want to win obviously but as long as we find the game enjoyable that's all that really matters. :smashin:

5. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    I am interesetd Hawklord. Just my being in Japan means times and distance (lag) might not allow regualr gaming.
    I will pay a visit though.

Known as "ogy01".

6. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +267
    We'll a couple of our most recent members are from Israel so all are welcome :cool:
    I think BF2 is a bit less forgiving on the latency than other multiplayer games but if you have a good ISP I'm sure your game will be playable :smashin:

7. Duffers0

Duffers0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would be glad of a good team game experience.

This online thing is new to me so only have BF2 game at present.

Not that great a player but learning..............and dying :mad: \got a get some use out of this 2meg broadband!!

8. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +267
    The game is infinitely better imo if you get a good team going. The PCW (practice clan war) we had on sunday was most enjoyable and we had to work as a team otherwise you wouldn't stand a chance.
    We use teamspeak to comunicate with each other via voice coms and a good comander who lets you know whats going on around you. Having voice coms adds to the whole experience and adds an extra dimension to gaming. You can have a good laugh with people too as well as all the other benefits actually being able to talk to your team mates and if they're the enemy you can get some idle banter going ;)
    I much prefer playing in a clan based servers with familiar faces/voices rather than being a lone wolf on a public server. Having a good admin'd server is essential too so they can keep an eye on whats going on and take appropriate action should cheating/abusive behaviour arise. Control is the key to a good server and game imo
    Being in a clan certainly has it's benefits and is essential if you want to be part of a good gaming community. :smashin:

9. Duffers0

Duffers0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When you guys next on.

Had a look in tonite about 10pm only 3 on waiting for another 7.

Be good to get a game in :smashin:

10. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +267
    We are usually on from about 6pm onwards most evenings:) We had a clan pcw on the other night on a different server so that's probably why it was empty on that occasion.