Do you work out and do you need Motivation VIII

Am I correct in thinking that I should be able to barbell bench press more than I can lift combined on a dumbbell bench press?

Am I correct in thinking that I should be able to barbell bench press more than I can lift combined on a dumbbell bench press?

Typically you should. You have to work harder to stabilise the individual dumbells so that should result in a lower combined weight you can lift

Typically you should. You have to work harder to stabilise the individual dumbells so that should result in a lower combined weight you can lift

Since starting to work out properly in May my dumbell bench press has gone from 15kg up to 20kg per arm but I'm still struggling to bench more than 40kg on the bar. I'm thinking it may be weak triceps that's causing it

Since starting to work out properly in May my dumbell bench press has gone from 15kg up to 20kg per arm but I'm still struggling to bench more than 40kg on the bar. I'm thinking it may be weak triceps that's causing it

You probably don't bench regularly enough and haven't got the pattern embedded in your nervous system. Basically bench more often and check you're doing it with good form. It will go up with frequency.

Quick update from me.

I have managed to maintain my 14.5 stone weight loss for 9 months now. Yesterday, I was the same weight I was the middle of December last year. I did lose 4 more pounds the first 3 months of the year but it didn't last and I have settled at the weight I was at Christmas.

Well done mate, I've been at 13st for the past 3 months now.

Thanks, I would still like to lose another 5 pounds but I am not bothered if that doesn't happen.

That's great news. So many people out there weight back on but it looks like you've found a nice maintenance level you're happy with...well done :)

I have to stick about 1700 calories to do it. I found it is easy to put water weight on. I had a week off a few months ago and went up 13 pounds in 9 days. It took 3 weeks to come back down. I keep on my weight all the time but I look at it on a monthly basis.

While my weight has stayed the same, some of my measurements have gone down slightly. I saw a small size T Shirt in Tesco's for just £2 and I bought it just to see if I could get in it and I could. I was wearing their F&F 3XL tops.

How about this for some motivation? Backstage with the British Pro guys.

ImageUploadedByAVForums1379269399.072078.jpg

All natural!

I'm kneeling down with the dark curly hair :D

Seriously though, impressive physiques there. The arms on the guys on each end !

yes i do work out and no i dont need any motivation to work out... i got my own drive to push me through

yes i do work out and no i dont need any motivation to work out... i got my own drive to push me through

What type of Drive? Solid State?

Hero Mode....ENGAGE!!!

I find it hard to get down to the gym as much as I used to. Keep making up time excuses so i changed my member ship to the full package meaning im not hindered by the 4:30 cut off now. can go any time before 10 (closes at 10 though so most likely ill head to the gym around 7, hour work out pool sauna steamroom hot jaccuzi and then home)

I find I have to go to the gym straight from work these days. Or else I go home, stick the kettle on and procrastination sets in.

I'd be the same. I'm lucky in that I can take my lunch at 11. So I hit the work gym then and come back and stuff my face.

if i had to wait for the evening, by the time I'd sorted the kids I'd have no urge to do anything

I can't sit down either. I get home from work and spend 40 minutes preparing our food for the next day before heading out to the gym. I'd struggle if I just sat down.

I can't sit down either. I get home from work and spend 40 minutes preparing our food for the next day before heading out to the gym. I'd struggle if I just sat down.

Mine reads like this :)

Get in at 4:15, Make dinner for 4, clean kitchen, dishwasher, make next days lunches for four, polish shoes, do baths, do homework, read with both kids, cuddles, up and down stairs around 10 times for cuddles/chats, hot water bottles etc etc
9pm sit down

Was even worse when my wife worked nights, at least this is shared.
Doesnt half burn up some cals tho :smashin:

One day soon this will all be yours and Sineads :thumbsup:

yeah, I get bored if I don't go to the gym now...normally get home for 5:30, relax a bit then off to the gym for just after 6...that's mon, tue, and wed...then kettlercise / metafit on friday, and bootcamp on saturday morning :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom