Do you watch TV online?

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Pez87, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Pez87

Pez87

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, my first post in this lovely forum :)

Was just wandering how many people watch TV shows online? Through sites like googlevideo, youtube and veoh? I've just started and you can find some real gems out there.

Watched Sliders for the first time in a decade last night :p

If you havent tried searching i'd recommend it, either through the actual video sharing site itself or through a portal like thinlemon.com or alluc.org

Hope this brings some joy as it has for me :)

Pez

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    I can take streaming video for a few minutes but anything longer I'll dump to the hard drive and watch at my leisure, in that respect it's the same preference when using a DVR for broadcast TV.
    I'll choose when I want to watch it and not be a slave of the supplier especially like a recent visit to ITV.com had be sitting through 3 adverts before the promo clip played, I got fed up and closed the website and went to youtube:)

3. Jonesybones

Jonesybones
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    There are a few out there. You ever tried www.joox.net ?
    They stream in divx quality so they look pretty good online.

4. Pez87

Pez87

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    With broadband getting faster and faster, these kind of things can only get better, my areas offering 16mb broadband now, doesnt matter how good the quality is, nothings slowing that beast down!

I used to use findhash.com to download directly to my computer, but the quality of the streaming stuff is getting superb, stage6 for one use divx movies to stream with, so there not far off from perfect.

All in all, free tv = great tv :p

Pez

5. Pez87

Pez87

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    With broadband getting faster and faster, these kind of things can only get better, my areas offering 16mb broadband now, doesnt matter how good the quality is, nothings slowing that beast down!

I used to use findhash.com to download directly to my computer, but the quality of the streaming stuff is getting superb, stage6 for one use divx movies to stream with, so there not far off from perfect.

All in all, free tv = great tv :p

Pez

ps: just watched the entire season of Heroes on thinlemon.com! Rock on! :)

6. dude1971

dude1971

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having recently got into the joys of downloading shows that I've missed, I've got one of those media player boxes so I can watch it on the TV rather than the PC. I don't want to watch shows that way, but when I miss an episode of The Shield for instance (who stays in on a Friday?) it's great that I can simply download to catch up. The problem is, I've stopped watching shows on telly and just download the whole series now!

This is the future of TV watching methinks :)