Do you want a Targa DP-5100x Mpeg4 Packed Bitstream player?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Mr_Fantastic, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Mr_Fantastic

Mr_Fantastic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    I have just spotted some Targa DP-5100x DVD players for sale. If anyone is interested in getting one then head over to eBay. The seller is ae.discount from whom I purchased my Targa from last year. He is okay so it's fairly safe buying from him. Currently selling them at £39.99 buy it now or £29.99 starting bid. He only has the silver versions though and there are four for sale.

These are no longer sold by Targa as they seem to be introducing the 5200 model but those are not yet available as far as I am aware.

2. Radioactive__Man

Radioactive__Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    nice little markup for the rotters who snapped em all up at £20 from your local Lidl

I'll pass thanks and wait for the 5200 :)

3. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,190
    Those prices are nothing. The day the player came out in Lidls there were auctions with a starting bid of £49.99 plus £15 postage.

4. Mr_Fantastic

Mr_Fantastic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    I'm not the person selling them so it certainly wasn't my local Lidl.
    There are a few still being sold by other sellers but I purchased from ae.discount so I can recommend him. ae.discount is in wales, I am from Birmingham just for people who assume I have some connection to the sellers which I do not. I resent the implication as I was just trying to help people out.

Some people have been trying to get one which is why I posted.

5. ferris57

ferris57
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I'd think twice before buying one. Great when they work but I bought 3. 2 of them have got nackered drives after about 2 weeks use. I returned one to Targa, 2 weeks later it arrived back supposedly with a replaced drive..it's worse than when I sent it.

They did refund my £12 postage though (surely it would have been cheaper to just send me a new player?). I'm not going to bother sending it back again, I'm just taking the two crap ones back to lidl for a refund.

Deffinately wouldn't take a chance buying one now on ebay, knowing what I know about the reliability.

6. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,190
    The cheap players have bad drives. I bought a Ebench KH6767 from Lidls and the player cannot play a DVD all the way through. My cyberhome 400 is the same.

I now have a Silvercrest KH 6768 from Lidl's and is the new version of the Ebench. It seems to have a much better drive and the firmware has been improved on.

7. Mr_Fantastic

Mr_Fantastic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    The first one I had did have a problem with playback but the replacement(from ae.discount and not Targa) has been working fine since last June/July.

8. Radioactive__Man

Radioactive__Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    what implication exactly ?

the term "your local LIDL" was in 3rd person not 2nd

no offence intended

p.s. I owned one of these for over a year and gave it to a mate as it was surplus to me at the time, sods law 2 months later I had a use for one :(, couldn't get one locally as they were bought by the shedload by people trying to cash in.

sorry if my misdirected agression was overflowing :)