Votes: 11 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillskill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you want to see a Move Sub-Forum added to the PS3 boards. Please make your vote and then post a reply to disuss your opinion. This poll will run for 30 days and the outcome is not necessarily the deciding factor in such a forum being instated. In the past, should a poll such as this prove that 100 members want the introduction of a forum change then admin have been happy to implement.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I voted "maybe" although at the moment I am firmly in the No camp. Just not enough interest at the moment to warrant it and there is nothing that can't be discuss in single Move related threads.

Likewise I voted "maybe" but currently in the "no" camp. Until discussion about Move increases to the point of where GT5 and BOPS currently are there there is little requirement for a dedicated section. There is nothing to stop current Move owners discussing it and the games but from what I can tell there is not much of that going on

I think it would make it easier :thumbsup: The problem is the name ( MOVE ) search facility brings up loads of gumpf when move, motion controller etc is in the title.

I voted yes.

I thought adding the maybe option seemed to be an easy get out for ensuring that it wasn't created :)

I voted yes.

I'm currently undecided on whether to invest in move, kinnect or neither and it is a little difficult trying to find all the info I require when there is no seperate forum.

I think it would make it easier :thumbsup: The problem is the name ( MOVE ) search facility brings up loads of gumpf when move, motion controller etc is in the title.

Good point there. Might do some experimenting with naming to see what is logical and yields relevant results in a search. Suggestions ?

I've voted NO for the moment, as

1. There's tumbleweeds at the moment, as it is just another control method, and the software is just NOT there.
2. There's not much to say other than, er...it's another control method, and the software is just NOT there.
3. There are no Move game discussions breaking down the doors, as the software is just not there.
4. When games come out that demand it, then possibly, but at the moment, it's just another control method, and TBH, doesn't seem that popular.
5. People seem to NOT talk about it, and prefer to talk about talking about it/subforum.

Sure you could say wow!!..1 million or more have been sold, but does that mean a million people want to talk about it, care for it, even use it, or have kept it?

EDIT: Edited the original thread title, to give it it's proper name..ala "Playstation Move".

Last edited:
I've voted NO for the moment, as

1. There's tumbleweeds at the moment, as it is just another control method, and the software is just NOT there.
2. There's not much to say other than, er...it's another control method, and the software is just NOT there.
3. There are no Move game discussions breaking down the doors, as the software is just not there.
4. When games come out that demand it, then possibly, but at the moment, it's just another control method, and TBH, doesn't seem that popular.

Sure you could say wow!!..1 million or more have been sold, but does that mean a million people want to talk about it, care for it, even use it, or have kept it?

Though voted yes, as would like to find more info about future stuff, and have the move and do like it, I kinda of agree not much really going on with it really, I have feeling sony have just released it, to test the water see how it does, if it takes off we will put some thought into it, if not oh well,

You can't even moan about the lag, from making an action, to it appearing/happening on screen like some other add-ons:laugh:, but you can't, as the lag, it's just NOT there..:rotfl:

Talking about tumbleweed I'm surprised the Linux forum is still there, if you put the move thread into the Linux forum (which I'm not suggesting) it would double the post count :)

Talking about tumbleweed I'm surprised the Linux forum is still there, if you put the move thread into the Linux forum (which I'm not suggesting) it would double the post count :)

Suppose that's true, and people have not relegated themselves to Sony NOT putting it back into the ps3 OS, and the court cases have fizzled out(along with the bullcrap compensation posts). :laugh:

As a previous mod, i think a dedicated Move forum will just end up like the Playstation Home forum (which i think should also be axed) because there's only so much you can actually say about the hardware. It's mainly about the games which can be talked about in their respected forums.

I voted YES but the forum should be made somewhere around mid december, the run up to Xmas should increase sales and more move games.

its hillarious all the mods so have either voted no or maybe
i think the chances of see a move forum are getting slimmer by the moment

i mean we have sub forums for
linux about 3 posts in last 6 months
playstation home about same 3 posts in last 6 months
PS3 PlayStation Network Store maybe a bit more but probally not 10 posts in the last six months

for me i understand there needs to be a demand but the mods have already said its really easy to add
so why not just add it and then if it goes the way of the above 3 sub forums then you can say i told you so

fingers crossed for 100 votes

Last edited:
As a previous mod, i think a dedicated Move forum will just end up like the Playstation Home forum (which i think should also be axed) because there's only so much you can actually say about the hardware. It's mainly about the games which can be talked about in their respected forums.

But as a future Move user how am I meant to know where to find these posts about people playing game x with the move and there thoughts etc?

Voted yes.

I have to admit I'm not sure how to vote here

It might all be in my mind but since the last reorganisation I seem to think traffic has decreased form what it was in the PS3 section bar the obvious 'What colour socks do you wear when you play Blops?' threads and the 'How many children have you sired since pre-ordering GT5?' threads.

Many existing game threads even for new games seem fairly quiet to me and many games don't even make an appearance either in the preview threads or when they come out as a play and help thread.

Most of my interest seems to have now fallen on the 'AVF trohpy leaderboard' which I really like (despite being one of a few members who are propping up the whole of the rest of the leaderboard!). I like it because although it covers older games it keeps relevant because it's all in one thread and is about what people are playing in the now.

I think my concern with putting everything move related into one sub-forum could just split any activity even more. I can imagine some alternative move threads barely making two or so pages when the main thread might only make maybe five pages for the DS3 controlled version. After all it is just a control method so people would discuss many of the same things in two different threads.

However, all that said, I think there is a problem with the current set up. Like others have posted when I decided to get a Move the first thing I did was go on the look out for move specific games / user reviews and games that were being patched / re-released for move.

Most of this I had to do elsewhere which was a shame as I have never needed to do that until recently. It's kind of like you already have to be in the know before you use the forum which I can imagine is not going to encourage new users to stick around and encourages existing members to go elsewhere. Searching can be very hit and miss also.

So, on the other side of the fence! - Maybe it would be a bit of a slow burner to start with but having a sub-forum would enable a list of games to be populated and easily searched for. Many games are 'move' only which can all go in and maybe just add any move comments to existing game threads that are compatable with both (As long as you can easily find them).

Another point maybe for is that 'move' should enable younger kids to play on the PS3. I can imagine a good few parents who frequent the forums wanting info on it, or just Joe Bloggs searching in general. AVF is generally a better website to use than some of the gaming websites that can involve information overload. We could really be missing a trick here.

I'd personally like a bit more debate before acting as the last change to the forums (in my mind) wasn't necessarily for the better.

I voted yes as I've bought the move and would like to get more use out of it. If there was a sub forum I could go in there and look at the titles, see peoples reactions etc. You can argue that it is easy enough to go into the games section to find this out, but I didn't realise that "The lord of the rings: Aragorns quest" was a move game until I saw the ad for it by chance on the tv . I think it would definately help move users out :smashin:

****WALL OF TEXT ALERT****

I voted yes for the following reasons:

Firstly, unless I've missed it somewhere, I still haven't seen any valid explanation as to why there is a Kinect section, and not a Move section ? If it's down to forum activity, then at the moment - yes... Kinect is popular. But then so was the Move at launch. Before the 'Move discussion thread' got moved to the hardware section, it remained on page 1 of this main section since it's inception.

If it's because of the fact that the Move games can go in the relative gaming sections, then the same could be said for the Kinect games surely? Currently, there are just as many PS3 games that are 'Move Required/Necessary' as there are Kinect titles.

As regards to the comments defining the Move as 'just the controllers', I disagree. The Kinect is only one peripheral - a unit housing some cameras and a mic. The Move requires the PS Eye, which is a camera and mic also, as well as the Move and Navigation controllers. Even more reason to have a dedicated Move section, rather than a Kinect section one would have thought.... especially seeing as there are also gun attachments which would probably warrant their own thread alone.

The main reason I believe there should be a dedicated section though, is user friendliness. Although a forum is a discussion board by definition, to many visitors it is also an information board. If you give easy access to information from potential members, then they're more likely to stick around, join up and increase site traffic...rather than going elsewhere. It's good for the forum as a whole, and good for any potential advertising opportunities.

Having to sift through one thread just to find out a specific piece of information is off-putting. I suspect that a lot of site visitors, whether seasoned or newbies, might not have the inclination to look in the Hardware section for Move-related discussion. It isn't clearly highlighted anywhere that this is the section you should be looking in either.

I agree that the whole PS3 area could do with being streamlined, but in other areas maybe ? I'd merge all the game related threads into one section, removing the genre-specific sub-forums, and I'd ditch the preview section too. Having just the one 'game titles' section I feel would give the impression of increased activity, which in turn would probably convince users to contribute more....a livelier atmosphere is more enjoyable than a ghost town where forums are concerned !

just my two-penneth. :thumbsup:

I agree that the whole PS3 area could do with being streamlined, but in other areas maybe ? I'd merge all the game related threads into one section, removing the genre-specific sub-forums, and I'd ditch the preview section too. Having just the one 'game titles' section I feel would give the impression of increased activity, which in turn would probably convince users to contribute more....a livelier atmosphere is more enjoyable than a ghost town where forums are concerned !

Mentioned before, about the streamlining, but was given the thumbs down.
Thinking it over, I would have liked to see an end to genres completely, and have 1 Gaming forum encompassing ALL formats, rather than penning in seperate areas. - but that IMO, would cause issues, as no doubt the more vocal 360 fanboys/pc fanboys/overall trolls would invade, and I guess I feel it would end up as mass stramash, like is seen on other forums.

But overall, the way it is now, works better, sectioned off, for different genres, than what went before with it all being lumped into 1 "Games" forum.

Several votes on the ps3 section were ignored overall, and as myself and Hillskill try to run the ps3 forum differently than the 360 forum(as the ps3 section seems more mature, and sensible, compared to the 360 area), you can't please everyone all of the time.
Traffic in the ps3 forum seems to have risen, from what it was previously, and maybe, it is true that the xbox 360 forum will be more popular overall, than here, and the ps3 forum will always be second fiddle to what appears publicly to be the more popular console.

You go on about Move discussion, yet the threads that are there are dead TBH, and have been so for some time...so would a subsection liven this up..maybe, maybe not.
I don't think so, but it's up for a public vote, so maybe people will actually bother this time.

Kinect, does it need a sub forum..yeah, IMO, keep it off the front page..lol, but reading, it's the same thing over and over again, and again.

As for highlighting...people ignore stickies, and what other way to highlight it than that..1 sticky at the top of a forum, but they do tend to get ignored.

The preview/general game discussion was a 1 forum deal before, and many complained that their threads were getting kicked off the first page, and they couldn't find any of their threads, it was untidy, previews mixed with play and helps.....so what? we just jump back and forth between what takes peoples fancy at the time??

Last edited:
Cheers for the reply RottenFox. :thumbsup:

Shame about the streamlining given the thumbs down, though I guess a lot of learning a forum's optimum layout is through trial and error ?

I chuckled at the bit about keeping the Kinect discussion off the front page lol. :D

The problem is that there are too many un-nessesary subforums. Some of the threads can function as just threads.

All the playstation Network subforum can be condensed. Home & PS Store updates could be just a single thread. Make them sticky so they don't get lost.

Get rid of the Linux Forum.

The main Move thread is not that busy atm so i would say it's fine as it is, in the hardware forum.

Cheers for the reply RottenFox. :thumbsup:

Shame about the streamlining given the thumbs down, though I guess a lot of learning a forum's optimum layout is through trial and error ?

I chuckled at the bit about keeping the Kinect discussion off the front page lol. :D

As to streamlining..could it be said with any certainty, that all 3 camps would be unbiased, and fair, or IMO, would it descend into fanboy wars(guaranteed HD resolution, or sub HD resolutions and shaders/textures would be a fair target :rotfl:)

Kinect...my opinion so far from playing and seeing, is it's an overpriced, lag filled, not 100% working, bucket of ****..Microsoft want the non gamer/old person/women/kids market, and I feel that shovelware will be a mainstay in it's future.

But lets see how the vote goes..

I voted No.

There is a perfectly good hardware section and also plenty of sections in the games area for the software side of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom