1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you use the CSII for music on your Marantz?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Kaleb500, Oct 6, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Kaleb500

Kaleb500
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been using the CSII for a while now and think it sounds pretty good. But i been fiddling about lately and i am not sure if CSII is really much better, or whether it just sound better because it seems louder. If i put it in stereo mode and turn it up to compensate and adjust the bass volume i get a decent sound, less bright it seem to me than the CSII. What do you use?

2. Wasabi

Wasabi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    SBC (Swedish Born Chinese)/lived in UK since 96, C
    Ratings:
    +32
    I still use CSII in my Marantz SR-4300 in almost all stereo/mono signals, apart from when watching a 2channel film, then I tend to use DPLII.

Unfortunately CSII seems to lose in the sound processing. Kenwood doesn't include CSII anymore, which leaves really only Marantz, and who knows when they decide not to support it anymore. A shame.

Wasabi

3. wildone

wildone
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I tend to use CSII Music when listening to BBC 6 Music on the STB - the rear channels seem to produce more of an enveloping sound. I find it ideal for non-critical listening. CSII Cinema tends to work better for me in a 7 spkr setup - watching Rambo III on BBC3 a while back was most satisfying (the sound, not the film!). The sound levels seem higher than DPL2x IMO.

4. kumamoto

kumamoto
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I have used CSII for music a few times and i must say it sound s much better that many other soundfields out there. In my setup it sound very good second only to pure stereo when listening to music!