Question Do you use CD Key resellers?

Deleted member 725346

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been covered before, but I couldn't see anything recently.

I'm wondering how common it is for people here to use cd key resellers?

I've been using a few different ones, the main obvious advantage being that games are cheaper, and we all want to pay as less as possible. However I'd rather pay more money than risk losing all my games, or paying money and receiving a dodgy key etc

Anyway I'm wondering which resellers are "safe", as I've obviously read many times about the potential risks of buying from certain key resellers. Has anyone on here had any negative experiences buying from certain resellers? Is the risk people talk about overblown or is it a common and strong risk people take each time they buy from resellers?

Is there anyone that only buys from the big guns Steam, Uplay, Origin, GOG etc If so why?

I'd be interested in any feedback.

Thanks in advance

No key reseller is 100% safe, as to meet the low price they sometimes source the keys from a dodgy source (be that a region locked country, or keys bought with stolen cards).
To be 100% safe, only use the official stockists such as GMG etc (GMG, with their constant 20% off voucher, are mostly cheaper than steam anyway).

However, I have bought a few games from cdkeys.com, with zero issues.

I've bought a couple from CDKeys.com with no issues either, and it's been mostly steam with a couple of origin titles.

TBH I don't use that many resellers and CDkeys.com is probably the only one now I think about it, otherwise it's been GMG.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom