Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

do you think we should still kick the ball out of play for downed players?

Discussion in 'Sport' started by SILVERBACK, Oct 23, 2005.

1. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    i have noticed lately that some teams are now taking there time before kicking the ball out for downed players,or if its a faked injury that some teams wont even return the ball if its been kicked out by the felled players team.well imho with the amount of fakers out there i reckon we should knock it in the head and if he wants to put his team down to 10 mobile players then thats the actors business and dont complain when know one kicks it out when your back on your feet and taking the throw :mad:

2. overkill

overkill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,205
    Tbh Silver, there is so much cheating going on, I would like to see this one decent aspect of an ever more cynical game held on to.

Players appall me more and more as time goes on, and anybody who says players 'aren't greedy' after Beckhams recent wage demands (he's obviously being put up as 'leader' as well in this), will just be recommended to visit their nearest shrink!

3. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +9,526
    I would like to see harsher punishments for clearly fake injuries. You very rarely see a yellow card for faking an injury. Most footballers are just a bunch of cheaters and pull a fast one on the ref most games. Watch any game and you will be guaranteed to see several players do some form of cheating during that game.

4. overkill

overkill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,205
    I think greg there should be a spoof 'oscars' for footballers these days. Perhaps presented by Danny baker? The awards of course going in the following categories:-

Best dive followed by hysterical show of being injured (Pires?)
    Best dive followed by longest roll. (this of course will be won by either a Latin or German)
    Best penalty dive in which a penalty is awarded. (Michael Owen?)
    Best show of overreacting to a dive in order to get the player booked/sent off(Danny Mills step up now)

and of course the major award, most blatant dives per season. Van the man or Ronny (ronaldo) the turf hugger step up now........... :D

The idea being of course to shame these b****ds into realising just how much contempt we hold them in.

5. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,894
    "Extras from Platoon" on SoccerAM . That little montage once a week should be forwarded to the FA or other Association for action to be taken . Clubs should also be made to show it on their big screens just before the match.Try and introduce a little shame , although most of them have none .

I think they need to introduce a little more contact into the game :devil: .

John

I

6. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,428
    90% are just divers who take refs for the muppets 99% of them are

So no, unless its blindingly obvious there is an injury

7. Solomon Grundy

Solomon Grundy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,022
    there should be retrospective punishments for diving players...bans, fines, unsportsmanlike behaviour.

8. overkill

overkill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,205
    The problem is who's going to oversee this? The FA? If so then even more problems will occur. Are the FA, with their track record, going to punish any of the big five (who's players are the worst for play acting) for players diving, after a game? No chance. All that will happen is, that once again, the smaller clubs will see key players suspended while the big five carry on 'business as usual'.

While the FA is as corrupt as it is, FIFA is run by another crap shower, and the regional bodies (UEFA) can be overuled by FIFA, nothing sensible will get done.

9. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I think we should kick downed players out of play then they can get treatment (if they need it) without interrupting the flow of the game :smashin:

10. Henry

Henry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Nope. Absolutely not. The diving and rolling around is so bad now that only very very rarely is the player seriously injured. I think that it should be for the referee alone to decide to stop the game.

Let them lie there all bloody afternoon and night rolling around until they're too embarrassed to lie there and get up and get on with the game!

11. Henry

Henry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Definitely. This is the only way to begin to deal with it. If there's clear and by that I mean fresh air between two players and one goes down clutching his face/arm/leg/genitals/whatever - it is cheating of the worst kind. 3 match ban for anyone doing it. It would not stop it entirely but it wouldn't half make some people think twice!

12. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,428
    Yes, but Fifa are too chicken to act. Retrospective punishment should be implemented immediately

If I here Essien call himself a clean player one more time...

13. DLPMaybe

DLPMaybe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    I was at the Newcastle sunderland match last week. A sunderland player was down and N'Zogbia kicked the ball out of play. The Newcastle crowd went crazy at him. He's a young lad and looked a little shaken. A couple players went over to him and explained the rules in this type of match :D

14. lee789

lee789

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Agree, if a players down it should be the referees responsibility to sort it out. They do for head injuries, let the ref decide - how many times are they true injuries - practically never, they get up hobble for a few stride then they're right as rain.