Do you think travel will be safe in 2031?

Devon and Cornwall this year, Mauritius, Seychelles or Turks & Caicos next

But what about the new Mauritius strain. :rolleyes: Coming to an idyllic beach near you in 2022:D

I very rarely travel outside of this country. Last holiday outside of the UK was in 1999 to see the Total Eclipse of the Sun as I knew that most likely it would be cloudy in Cornwall and of course it was cloudy on the day of the eclipse in Cornwall.
I’m a member of my local RSPB birdwatching Group and the week long annual birdwatching holiday in 2020 was cancelled, but all the money on that holiday in 2020 that I paid well in advance in 2020 was put back into my bank account within 3 days of the cancellation that included the money paid to the hotel as well put back in to my bank account. I should have been on holiday last week as well, but with the situation as it was, no money was needed to pay in advance as the hotel was only booked provisional. But the monthly birdwatching coach trips are provisionally going to start in September of this year and from June two monthly mid-week local birdwatching walks planned every month. And also the possibility of the annual week long birdwatching holiday in 2022. This is provisional at present. But at least there is some hope. Also I had my second vaccine earlier today! 🙂🙂🙂

Last edited:
We were meant to be in Madeira now but ended up cancelling (actually moving to a different holiday so we haven't lost money). Our next attempt to get abroad will be to Croatia in September, then St Lucia in January (moved from Madeira this week) then a Mediterranean cruise in June 2022. I'm optimistic the last two will go ahead, surely the restrictions will be over by the end of this year, but as for Croatia, who knows? If that gets cancelled this will be the first year since 1992 that we haven't been abroad at least once.

I mostly go to Thailand a coule of months every winter. 2020 (February) I had extremely problems to go back to Sweden. 2021 I was not possible to go to Thailand because of Covid-19. I look forward to go to Thailand this winter but as you know Covid-19 are increase in Europe the latest weeks so right now I don't know how it will be.

For 20, maybe 30 years ago, Gran Canaria and the Canary Islands was a popular place for Swedish tourists and European tourists as well. Now, 2021 Thailand is the most popular touristplace.

Edinburgh in January.
Maldives in November 2022.
2031? Probably a cruise as the world will be under water😂

We were meant to be in Madeira now but ended up cancelling (actually moving to a different holiday so we haven't lost money). Our next attempt to get abroad will be to Croatia in September, then St Lucia in January (moved from Madeira this week) then a Mediterranean cruise in June 2022. I'm optimistic the last two will go ahead, surely the restrictions will be over by the end of this year, but as for Croatia, who knows? If that gets cancelled this will be the first year since 1992 that we haven't been abroad at least once.
We managed to get to Croatia. St Lucia is still on at the moment but who knows how the omicron restrictions will pan out. Hoping we can get away.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom