Question Do you think the UK will leave the EU on the 31st of October 2019

Do you think the UK will leave the EU on the 31st of October 2019

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

icemanonline

Distinguished Member
I think we will.... In saying that I think the whole political scene in the UK is a joke! To much self serving going on. As for the house of commons last session... Man what a disgrace by all sides...... Like hooligans at a match. Embarrassing is an understatement at how they ALL behaved.

Ice

IronGiant

I'm not psychic, so "don't know"

ghrh

The poll question is "Do you think the UK leave the EU on the 31st of October 2019?" so I guess Yes and No are the only options.

Last edited:

IronGiant

Title and question now match as requested. I still don't know the answer though :)

EarthRod

Distinguished Member
Unlikely we will leave end of Oct because delay is the easy option and the Westminster bubble is reluctant to press ahead with Brexit.

They will be happy with BINO but not Brexit.

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
Voted no although I think its all on a knife-edge. I suspect Johnson will be do everything he can to avoid following the European Withdrawal (No 2) Act (the Benn Act) but, in the short term, I would hope he will be outmanoeuvred by the Rebel Alliance. That is far from certain though as to defeat Johnson the Rebels need to act together and, with the huge differences between some of them, that is far from guaranteed. The EU is clear exasperated with us as well.

richp007

Distinguished Member
Interesting. 19-3 against currently, but none of the prominent Leave voices in here have voted yet. Despite being active in the other thread yesterday.

Not feeling confident anymore?

ghrh

Interesting. 19-3 against currently, but none of the prominent Leave voices in here have voted yet. Despite being active in the other thread yesterday.
Indeed. Probably following only the other thread so might be a good idea to invite them individually from that thread.

deantown

Distinguished Member
Probably not as there are too many obstacles being put in the way. But I’m living in hope that we do. Come on Boris!

domtheone

Distinguished Member
I still have serious doubts that we will. Given the enourmous efforts of the Un-Democrats trying to stop it.

What about all this advertising though. Telling us we’re leaving on the 31st. TV. Radio. Even got out letter from HMRC the other day.

Be a right embarrassment (again) if we end up extending (again).

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
What about all this advertising though. Telling us we’re leaving on the 31st. TV. Radio. Even got out letter from HMRC the other day.

Be a right embarrassment (again) if we end up extending (again).
Johnson doesn't care - it comes from the magic money tree.

ghrh

Waiting for Dbcoup and co to vote. Will keep open until then.

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
Waiting for Dbcoup and co to vote. Will keep open until then.
I am not sure about Dbcoup himself but I think for lots of ultra-Brexiteers it is a very difficult question. For many, they have totally brought into the Johnson narrative and any failure to deliver Brexit on 31 October is simply incomprehensible. But by the same token, deep down, I think many question his honesty and/or competence which makes them reluctant to click 'Yes'. It is a paradoxical situation for them and one they cannot resolve at this time.

Last edited:

tonyamh

While I'd prefer an I don't know option
Which I would select
I've checked no because of the way most of palarment and the media have pretty much been for remain and will do whatever it takes to see it through

I do think this question/poll is so it can thrown back in certain people's faces at a later date when they disagree with them

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
'I don't know' would be pointless - its a 'what do you think' question. There is no 'right or wrong', it is just a snapshot of opinions in the here and now. If people don't know what to post they simply won't post - which, as per my comments in #21, is why I think most of the ultra-Brexiteers have given it a miss. They want to believe but can't quite bring themselves to do so.

As for the poll being thrown back in people's faces - there are very few people on this forum who do that. Admittedly the one that does tends to go back years, if not decades, but that is not ghrh.

tonyamh

I don't know what will happen and
The question is pointless then as nobody knows what's going to happen either

And just because ghrh might not doesn't mean someone else won't

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
I don't know what will happen and
The question is pointless then as nobody knows what's going to happen either
None of us know what will happen - its what do you think will happen. There are no prizes for guessing rightly or wrongly, its all just a bit of fun.

IronGiant

its a 'what do you think' question.
I think I don't know what I think will happen, at this point either are possible. If I were forced to vote I'd err on the side of no. But fortunately abstaining is also an option :).

Ruperts slippers

Distinguished Member

Not feeling confident anymore?
Hang on a min, as a leaver I'm busy with business and attempting to bed multiple women, chill.

Yes, I'd like to leave.

No we wont.

Bl4ckGryph0n

Distinguished Member
The obsession with getting certain people to vote is just plain weird in my opinion.

Polls are anonymous in the UK, this poll isn't. The OP is never going to get a substantial number of votes that way.

ghrh

The numbers are already sufficient and in AVforums you can have a poll which is not anonymised
:lesson:

Last edited: