Do you think the smartphone is suitable to control quadcopter?

JJsuton

Standard Member
Reaction score
The quadcopter is a special product which can fall down because of a small error. So safety is a basic requirement. Multi rotor like the DJI Phantom, AEE Toruk uses the traditional radio control which the precision and reliability of operation is higher. But it takes long time for the operator to take charge of flying the quadcopter. Smartphone controlling via app has been used by quadcopter like Ehang Ghost. It is easier for the operator to master the flying, but inferior in operating precision. Do you think the smartphone is suitable to control quadcopter? If there is no safety problem, will you choose to use the radio controlled quadcopter or the smartphone controlled quadcopter?

As someone who is fairly new to quadcopters I would definitely go with the radio controlled quadcopter over the smart phone quadcopter. The reason being is think you have a much better sense of control using the analogue sticks rather than a touch screen.

Would be interesting to see more experienced flyers' views on this.

Radio controlled is the way for me,i fly rc planes so i know the sticks have way more feel than a phone/tablet, all so phones do lots of thing's other than control a model like "freeze up" the rc controller was designed for the job
the phone/tablet was NOT.

Yeah I totally agree raptor.

I can just imagine a situation where mid flight the phone freezes up and the next minute you are just watching your quadcopter plummet to the ground... could be an expensive crash!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom