Do you think the queen will abdicate on or just after her jubilee?

leamspaceman

Distinguished Member
They're common folk and subjects to Her Majesty.
So by saying "They're common folk..." and not "We're common folk..." then you're not including yourself in the common group?

Boo Radley75

Distinguished Member
Whatever side of the institute of Royalty you're on, you have to give the Queen respect for prioritising riding on a train and watching some horses to reading out Boris's s**t, in Parliament.

iqoniq

I think they should change their name back to the original, saxe-coburg-gotha, dropping that nice British sounding ‘made up’ name and go back to the country of their origin, Germany.
You are aware that the name England means "Land of the Angles"? The Angles were a tribe who settled in the UK in the early middle ages. Can you guess where they were from?

EDIT TO ADD:
I initially wasn't going to mention this, but I will. Throughout school I was bullied relentlessly by Jewish kids (it was a predominantly Jewish school), subject to being dragged into the toilets for a kicking, called a "kraut" and "nazi", and told, amongst other things, to "f*** off back to Krautland", and the school initially did very little even when I had my nose broken by someone trying an upward palm strike into it (it could have killed me). My sin? Having a German dad (my family is a mash of French, Norwegian, German, and Italian at some point).

While saying they should go back to the country of their origin isn't racist, it's xenophobic. If I wanted to be really petty, I could probably report this post to the mods or even the police (it falls into the grounds of hate crime), but I won't because it takes a whole lot more to trigger me. I will say that I found it grossly offensive.

Go back through history, and you'll find a most of the country would be scattered all over Europe if we had to go back to the country of our ultimate origin. Britain was invaded pretty much constantly until a few centuries ago.

Last edited:

The Cods Scallops

Distinguished Member
They're reptilians... and speaking for myself, I'm not.

Last edited:

Distinguished Member
Twitter from the Queen
When it comes to how to mark seventy years as your Queen, there is no guidebook to follow. It really is a first.

But I have been humbled and deeply touched that so many people have taken to the streets to celebrate my Platinum Jubilee.

While I may not have attended every event in person, my heart has been with you all; and I remain committed to serving you to the best of my ability, supported by my family.

I have been inspired by the kindness, joy and kinship that has been so evident in recent days, and I hope this renewed sense of togetherness will be felt for many years to come.

I thank you most sincerely for your good wishes and for the part you have all played in these happy celebrations.

ELIZABETH R

Steve N

Distinguished Member
Welcome to the forum your Majesty :thumbsup:

ashenfie

Maybe we shouldn't have turned up. I feel it's time as she is miss so many formal events to gracefully retire.

RicksonGracie1972

Distinguished Member
Maybe we shouldn't have turned up. I feel it's time as she is miss so many formal events to gracefully retire.
Edward VIII was the last Monarch to abdicate and only 3 others have ever abdicated. I think she'll be Queen until she passes. It doesn't matter if she attends less and less events as her health stats to fail her.

Reese Withouterspoon

Distinguished Member
Even though I'm not a Royalist, I think she's earned the right to pick and choose what she does.

I completely understand that she does not wish to be seen to be dependent on walking aids or other means of support when "on duty" because she is a public figure and because she is always being filmed or photographed. I don't think she's a particularly vain person but I can understand and would be inclined to respect her wishes not to have her vulnerabilities broadcast to the world.

She's an old lady and should not be expected to perform on demand.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom