Do you think the queen will abdicate on or just after her jubilee?

JimmyMac

Distinguished Member
We all have a right to express our opinon.

The lot of em, privileged, non elected by the people, chest full of unearned medals, don’t know where to have their afternoon tea - this castle, this mansion, this palace, this stately house.

I mentioned the NHS, if this isn’t more important to discuss rather than /((&*, then it saddens me. I live in the real world, not a disgusting fairytale.

Other things are being discussed though, including the NHS in various threads, this is just another thread. As people say, if a thread doesn't hold your interest find one that does surely?

If I went around and commented in each thread that holds no interest to me that it holds no interest my post count would be considerably higher

owl61uk

The concept is fundamentally flawed.

The lot of em, privileged, non elected by the people, chest full of unearned medals, don’t know where to have their afternoon tea - this castle, this mansion, this palace, this stately house.

I mentioned the NHS, if this isn’t more important to discuss rather than /((&*, then it saddens me. I live in the real world, not a disgusting fairytale.
Of course you/I/everyone has a right to express an opinion, its called freedome of speech.

However if a particular thread holds no interest, simply scroll by till you find one that does interest you.

We get it, you are passionate about topics that important to you NHS/cost of living etc, many of us equally as passionate. So look around the forum there are plenty of topics to get involoved with

Delvey

Distinguished Member
mentioned the NHS, if this isn’t more important to discuss rather than /((&*, then it saddens me. I live in the real world, not a disgusting fairytale.
FYI, this thread, and many others, aren't about the NHS. Just in case you missed it.

its_all_Greek

Distinguished Member

Have you thought of joining a Forum called digital spy? they all live in the real world on there as well :blush:

87gpk

Distinguished Member
I've only ever had bad experiences with the NHS and I have expressed such in said relevant threads.

This thread is about how good the queen does or doesn't look for her age.

scottydog

Yes we all have a right to discuss what we want to. The NHS has and always will be discussed so go find a discussion! You have added nothing worthwhile to this one.

Xenomorph

This isn't the thread you're looking for. Move along.

leamspaceman

Distinguished Member
But did the Queen eat cake?

(oooops ... wrong thread)

mij

I hope so, the sooner she goes the sooner it goes, hopefully Charles next as he is likely to be the best of them to ensure it's speedy demise :smashin:

DPinBucks

Distinguished Member
And just to add, I’d rather be forced to watch paint dry than discuss tripe....
That's a pity, because there's quite a good scope for discussion there.

I like it done any way, but my favourite is honeycomb, served chilled with a little vinegar. Braised is OK, too.

87gpk

Distinguished Member
I always just thought tripe was a flavour of dog food?

In all seriousness, if the queen is still alive but a lot more poorly than they are making out (people are getting worried at how much she has pulled out of) then nobody would hold it against her of she abdicated?

TheShrike

I always just thought tripe was a flavour of dog food?

In all seriousness, if the queen is still alive but a lot more poorly than they are making out (people are getting worried at how much she has pulled out of) then nobody would hold it against her of she abdicated?
I don't think any significant number of people would've objected to her abdicating or standing aside for Charles to be Regent. Its Liz herself who is dead set against abdication - possibly due to the fall out from her uncle abdicating and the notion that the strain of unexpectedly becoming King shortened her own father's life.

87gpk

Distinguished Member
I don't think any significant number of people would've objected to her abdicating or standing aside for Charles to be Regent. Its Liz herself who is dead set against abdication - possibly due to the fall out from her uncle abdicating and the notion that the strain of unexpectedly becoming King shortened her own father's life.
Very good points and a reminder of how long she's been doing it also when she has first hand experience of both events.

krish

Distinguished Member
Its Liz herself who is dead set against abdication - possibly due to the fall out from her uncle abdicating and the notion that the strain of unexpectedly becoming King shortened her own father's life.
Also might be a little bit of the god stuff involved ...
Then the Queen arising out of her Chair, supported as before, the Sword of State being carried before her, shall go to the Altar, and make her solemn Oath in the sight of all the people to observe the premisses: laying her right hand upon the Holy Gospel in the great Bible (which was before carried in the procession and is now brought from the Altar by the Arch-bishop, and tendered to her as she kneels upon the steps), and saying these words:

The things which I have here before promised, I will perform and keep. So help me God.

Then the Queen shall kiss the Book and sign the Oath.

The Queen having thus taken her Oath shall return again to her Chair, and the Bible shall be delivered to the Dean of Westminster.
I expect she takes the Oath seriously to this day.

TheShrike

Also might be a little bit of the god stuff involved ...

I expect she takes the Oath seriously to this day.
Well she is head of the Church of England, so I would hope she believes in God :D

gibbsy

She'll not leave until her last breath. I'm no fan of the royals but at 96 give the old girl a break she cannot be accused by anyone of shirking her role. There are plenty to take on her duties.

To me it's just a shame that when she does shuffle off this mortal coil that the monarchy doesn't die with her.

strangely tim

She is still fit for her age, she's kept active, good diet and still seems mentally sharp. Will she abdicate? I doubt she will but as is happening she is withdrawing from public life more and more and Charles and William are stepping up to the plate.

The monarchy is here for a generation or two yet I believe although Charles will slim it down and William will cut it back more in line with other Royal families.

87gpk

Distinguished Member
I'm not knocking her as it's not her fault but it must feel good to know that if anything is wrong health wise you can get seen to straight away. Any other 90 somethings who are still fit/active/sharp is probably down to luck.

Ilovewaffles

I don’t know why people keep raising the subject of abdication , when she made it very clear, years ago, that she would never do this!

morenish

I know that I am not in the minority, for how I feel about this, according to our recent poll (time to ditch the monarchy).

They have given nothing, yet taken every thing, they could get their hands on.

I absolutely do not recognise them as anything different from the rest of us, only that most of us reject their privileges, untold wealth, chests, full of unearned medals, falling at their feet and their past inhuman treatment of animals, that has now been banned, by the people via their elected MP’s.

History describes us, the so called ‘commoners’ being used as fodder, by them, to get their own way and what they wanted, irrespective of the amount of lives lost.

I don’t need to go through the extensive list of battles, they have caused, but one that remains with me, that I learned about, as a wee lad, was Culloden.

I think they should change their name back to the original, saxe-coburg-gotha, dropping that nice British sounding ‘made up’ name and go back to the country of their origin, Germany.

Distinguished Member
I know that I am not in the minority, for how I feel about this, according to our recent poll (time to ditch the monarchy).

They have given nothing, yet taken every thing, they could get their hands on.

I absolutely do not recognise them as anything different from the rest of us, only that most of us reject their privileges, untold wealth, chests, full of unearned medals, falling at their feet and their past inhuman treatment of animals, that has now been banned, by the people via their elected MP’s.

History describes us, the so called ‘commoners’ being used as fodder, by them, to get their own way and what they wanted, irrespective of the amount of lives lost.

I don’t need to go through the extensive list of battles, they have caused, but one that remains with me, that I learned about, as a wee lad, was Culloden.

I think they should change their name back to the original, saxe-coburg-gotha, dropping that nice British sounding ‘made up’ name and go back to the country of their origin, Germany.
BiB,There's a name for people that hold those beliefs.

We get it you don't like the discussion or the Royals 🙄

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Sony unveils Inzone gaming brand
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins launches Px7 S2 wireless headphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 27th June 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Netflix confirms ad-supported option is on the way