Do you think the iPhone 4 first shipment will be delayed??

Saxo Appeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been speaking to a friend and he was saying that he had went into an o2 store and Vodafone and both were pulling down all their advertising banners.

Saying that HQ have told them to pull it all down as there will be a complete delay in everyone's iPhones, has anyone else heard this?
Like has there been word that everyone's orders online bought from Apple will be completely delayed?

Hmmmmm :(:(:(

This is total pants

I hope so mate

but did it not happen with the iPad?

BBC News - iPad's international release delayed by Apple

It could happen

Suppose that was before pre-orders had been taken etc though..
I don't think it will be delayed..
But I think o2 could have been taking down the banners because they are only offering to existing customers now.. Not sure if they advertised would they have to give to new customers etc?
Jack

No I don't think that's possible at all. Much more likely your friend has been having a laugh.

I'll slap him if he has been winding me up but he did sound genuine, just by looking at that BBC link made me sort of believe him though

Last edited:
Complete scaremongering, dont we have enough stress about pre orders, bumper shortages and mini sims without adding to the fire?

Last edited:
I don't want to believe it but this could happen and I don't think the UK would be too happy about it.

Going by what the iPad was like and how it had been moved to the end of the following month, you would think Apple would have learnt from this and made sure they had enough stock. They knew exactly how much of a success this phone was going to be and should of theoretically produced enough handsets to cope with the surge of demand

It's 2010 and if there able to produce handsets to this type of degree surely they should have been able to mathematically figure out roughly how many customers would want one lol

Last edited:
I don't want to believe it but this could happen and I don't think the UK would be too happy about it.

Going by what the iPad was like and how it had been moved to the end of the following month, you would think Apple would have learnt from this and made sure they had enough stock. They knew exactly how much of a success this phone was going to be and should of theoretically produced enough handsets to cope with the surge of demand

It's 2010 and if there able to produce handsets to this type of degree surely they should have been able to mathematically figure out how many customers would want one lol

The iPad delay was PRIOR to pre ordering, not after people had ordered. Your friend is making it up. Also, I was in an o2 store yesterday evening....iPhone 4 banners everywhere.

At the end of the day Apple havent guaranteed any initial numbers for the handsets so it is definitely not going to be delayed in the UK. There might be shortages which will push the release back in other parts of the World but the initial release countries will release as planned.

The iPad delay was PRIOR to pre ordering, not after people had ordered.

Nice one
although when you do hear these things, your mind does start to wander lol :smashin: In the o2 store have they changed the banners to say "Only for o2 Customers"? That's their policy now, only customers of o2 will be able to buy/contract one June 24th

it is definitely not going to be delayed in the UK.

Yes but you never know with Apple mate, they could announce their pushing back the date of release to allow more stock in/produced or are having trouble with as above 'link' stocking Retina displays

You have to remember....Apple hold all the aces :)

Hopefully this is all nonsense and my Iphone is currently sittng in a box somewhere in an O2 or Apple warehouse or it'll spoil my week lol.

RDB :thumbsup:

It is all nonsense. If anything the headline is "apple sell 600000 iPhones (or more) at full price so aren't giving as many discounted phones to carriers"

Apple are not stupid enough to accept cash for phones they don't have.

Apple's only stock issue is they hoped to be able to sell far more of these on June 24th than they currently can, the exact reason why online orders are now not delivered until mid July. Stop stressing over it.

The scaremongering and paranoia over the last week in this forum is unbelievable:eek: C'mon fellas get a grip now:rolleyes:

There is no "scaremongering and paranoia" lol were only discussing IF it happened

This might happen who knows but I still feel we can talk about it without anyone stressing lol

:)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom