1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think that this DVD has been openend or not.

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Mr_Wistles, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Mr_Wistles

Mr_Wistles
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,955
    I just got Oldboy LE, sealed and unopened but the seal looks dreadful. Do you guys think it has been openend or not?. If anyone else has a sealed set could you post a pic of the seal so I could compare the difference. I realise that it may of been openend to replace the packaging to stop the rivets damaging the casing but I do not think a retailer would be as careless as this. I do not want to open it to look inside as I am sure the seal prooves that it has been openend.

It may just be me being pedantic but considering the price I paid for this I want to be 100% sure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +865
    looks more, liike it was stored in dampish conditions, and the mosture/dirt has got under the seal.

3. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +320
    I'd say its been opened and the seal was carelessly thrown on the carpet/floor then someone has decided put it back on.

I will take a pic of my seal in a min and post it for you

4. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +320
  5. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +320
    Actually I think mine may of been opened and re sealed, looking at the top of the seal where there is a highlight, it looks likethats where it was lifted from.

On yours it looks like it was lifted from the centre in the groove as the seal looks stretched there.

Anyone here who has this and have taken the seal off themselves, did anything happen to the seal as you took it off? its supposed to be a tamper seal so I asume something would happen ??

6. edinburgh160

edinburgh160

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Hi,
    I took mine off, and you will get marks at the corner where you pick at it to remove. In addition, when you re-seal you would be able to take it off really easily. I would say that looking at the top posts pictures that the set has been opened (probably to check for faulty casings).
    Unless you plan to sell this in the next month, I don't see how it relly matters. Anyone who would want to buy this will demand that it is in pristine condition, and that the inside casings aren't damaged. thats the reason I opened mine. I played each disc once to check for faults/scrathes, and put it all back nicely. I don't plan on using this set (as I have another version for viewing). If I decided to sell this then nobody could possibly fault the condition and I would advertise that it was opened purely to check for faulty cases. This shouldn't affect any price or put off any prospective collector. It would be different if the box was sealed as a whole.
    If your editions have rivet holes in the inside cases then it would be unfortunate. I'm not sure if Starmax are still replacing them though.
    cheers

7. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +320
    Russell,

I still think you could sell it as unsealed without a problem and probably for the same as what you paid.

I know where there is 1 left in stock at £81.42inc

PM if you want it and I will give you the link.
    It could be gone tho cause they only had two and I bought one.

JSW

8. edinburgh160

edinburgh160

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes, I don't think it would have any problems selling if opened. One went quickly on e-bay for £99, and there is now a set going for minimum £149.
    I honestly don't think opening it would be any problem, as you could explain why you did it (casing check). I've put the SE (with gold lettering) in my pack (which is also hard to find) in the place of the foam insert. It all looks beautiful, and I doubt I'd ever sell, unless I got a really stupid offer.
    i love this film.