Do you think scraping will ever come to Wdtv live?

gkf9

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was just wondering with all the recent updates if they will ever implement this to the live same as the Hub?

I think the guts of the devices are very similar,, so no reason not to,, BUT,, then we wouldn't buy new products, so the answer maybe economic rather than technical,, unless someone hacks it,, B rad and crew,, that's if they haven't given up already... !!!

I think the guts of the devices are very similar,, so no reason not to,, BUT,, then we wouldn't buy new products, so the answer maybe economic rather than technical,, unless someone hacks it,, B rad and crew,, that's if they haven't given up already... !!!

Would be the icing on the cake for me. I get your point about buying new products, but this would make the Wdtv an even better seller for people who don't need a built in Hd? Hope B-Rad does hack it.

He has said that he wont be looking at anything until at least Christmas or new year,, and it is I believe a hobby, that must be so time consuming, with no support from wd, and he really has elevated the profile of the wd tv over its very similar competitors, having said that, dont some apple app developers make hundreds of thousands of pounds?

When you think how long the xbmc boys have been at it, and they were pirates, in the eyes of Microsoft,, and that the xbox1 is still is the best media streamer, apart form HD,, and only now others are catching up ,,, lets hope so,, but in the new year everybody and their mother will be selling media players,, or tablets,, Chinese clones, ect,, for less.. they will probably be banned by the copy right police!!!

Scraping on the Live?
I doubt it, but would love to see this. I'm not sure how the scraping and sheet showing works on the Hub yet. I haven't seen an awful lot about this aspect.
If its just a simple IMDB grabber with limited graphic customisation options then fine and dandy, but I seriously doubt it will give the sophistication of Thumbgen or YAMJ.
I don't think the Live has the graphics processing capability to do this on-board.
I look forward to being proved wrong on his though.:cool:

The next crop of chips from Realtek/Sigma may have improved graphics support, but they are not due till next year, and we don't really know yet what they will bring.

Scraping on the Live?
I doubt it, but would love to see this. I'm not sure how the scraping and sheet showing works on the Hub yet. I haven't seen an awful lot about this aspect.
If its just a simple IMDB grabber with limited graphic customisation options then fine and dandy, but I seriously doubt it will give the sophistication of Thumbgen or YAMJ.
I don't think the Live has the graphics processing capability to do this on-board.
I look forward to being proved wrong on his though.:cool:

The next crop of chips from Realtek/Sigma may have improved graphics support, but they are not due till next year, and we don't really know yet what they will bring.
Think I would be happy with a simple Idmb grabber, would obviously prefer the full monty graphics tho.
I set my sheets up manually now using copy and paste for the film info from IDMB, look quite well for a noob, take me about 15 -25 mins to do including getting the thumbs and posters off the net. It's ok for now till the novelty wears off, then it might become a pain.

Wd have a link to the gpl code, disc loader, is this a nod to the modding community, to work on it,, a bit open source,, ps.. i am at edge of my knowledge now.. but that appears so,, and the chipset is the same family,, when i see what has been done on xbox and DS and wii modding ,, its the implementation of the exploits,, rather than the hard ware... so who knows.. but it would better if b rad could control it,, for quality control,,,;)

WD Support > Downloads > Home Entertainment > WD TV Live Hub Media Center

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom