do you think Pioneer was aware of the red tint issue when they were still in business and selling TVs?

I found Stock Factory Pure Mode to be pant's, if your pure looks better it's not standard because I have had 2 KRP's and they looked identical in PURE as each other, it may have been close to ideal but it wasn't, pictures on the internet are not going to look anywhere the same as seeing a set for real, phone cameras are never correctly set up so you can't judge them especially on a phone screen looking at them, and not many have calibrated 26" Computer Monitors and them that do are not calibrated either, so it's never going to look correct, the Phone Camera that I took them pictures with pushed red A lot and probably had some proprietary processing going on as well, it was only for a general comparison not for reference purposes, it looked whole a lot better looking at it in the room.

BTW how do you get into the supposed Secret Menu's on them Pioneers, there has got to be a way? Or is it just speculation from someone without any real proof?

EDIT : Good god I have just seen that post you linked, and it was he who must not be mentioned, I'll say no more :rotfl:

Last edited:
EDIT : Good god I have just seen that post you linked, and it was he who must not be mentioned, I'll say no more :rotfl:

Hi Inferno

Where was the link? I cannot see it. I’d be curious to see what “he who must not be mentioned” had to say 🙂

Yeah we need to know about the secret menus as well. I have a GGF1589 service remote sat here wanting some exercise! 😄 it’s only being used to log the error codes I’m getting with the 8 flashing blue light problem I’ve currently got

I found Stock Factory Pure Mode to be pant's, if your pure looks better it's not standard because I have had 2 KRP's and they looked identical in PURE as each other, it may have been close to ideal but it wasn't, pictures on the internet are not going to look anywhere the same as seeing a set for real, phone cameras are never correctly set up so you can't judge them especially on a phone screen looking at them, and not many have calibrated 26" Computer Monitors and them that do are not calibrated either, so it's never going to look correct, the Phone Camera that I took them pictures with pushed red A lot and probably had some proprietary processing going on as well, it was only for a general comparison not for reference purposes, it looked whole a lot better looking at it in the room.

BTW how do you get into the supposed Secret Menu's on them Pioneers, there has got to be a way? Or is it just speculation from someone without any real proof?

It was ******** right? I remember a decade ago he was very popular here regarding plasma's, a seller too. What happened he got banned?
Edit: WTH im not even allowed to write his user name? His name may not be mentioned afterall as you said lol.

@KuroMike the excerpt he has pasted on the post, just click it and it will take you there on a magic carpet.

It was ******** right? I remember a decade ago he was very popular here regarding plasma's, a seller too. What happened he got banned?
Edit: WTH im not even allowed to write his user name? His name may not be mentioned afterall as you said lol.

I can't possibly say, he isn't Mr Popular I'll tell you that!

I'm not familiar with B umtious. What happened with him and why is the name banned here?

Not sure if what he is saying is true but it's the first i've heard of the red tint issue in specific detail and there being 2 extra menus.

Usually even with a picture taken with a phone if you're comparing it to another picture taken with the

**** Say my name! *** no wonder you hate pure mode, I've seen the pictures of what your TV produces! I remember orange man!!!

It's why you need Calibration by a Pro, all sets even the same model can be different to each other, they are never identical ever!

It's why you need Calibration by a Pro, all sets even the same model can be different to each other, they are never identical ever!
I totally agree with that. Almost all settings you see from professional calibrators for a particular set online specifically state that. Mine looked damn good on pure. As a matter of fact my ISF calibration isn't too far off from how it looked stock in pure. I do think that the 101 FD might be different in that regard though because it is actually checked by a human prior to shipping.

Specifically talking about post 31. It reads like you didn't finish writing and you quoted the post twice.
i dont think your going to get a reply from him

Specifically talking about post 31. It reads like you didn't finish writing and you quoted the post twice.

He did answer, he just somehow added it to the end of the quote, but it's pointless now, he is on his jollies :rotfl:.

If you click where it says >Click To Expand< on the 2nd quote you will see his reply at the bottom.

i dont think your going to get a reply from him

Oops. Heh.

Happened somewhere else.

He did answer, he just somehow added it to the end of the quote, but it's pointless now, he is on his jollies :rotfl:.

If you click where it says >Click To Expand< on the 2nd quote you will see his reply at the bottom.

Oh. I read it now. Weird.

Do 8th gen Kuros suffer from it? None of mine have, at least not that I've noticed and I have a lot of them.
My 8th Gen Kuro (428XD) shows no red tint and I've had the TV for donkeys years now - pretty sure i would have seen it by now. It was professionally ISF calibrated (at the start) so not sure if that has removed it, if it ever existed.

And whats this talk of banning Bumptious? When it came to Kuros/Plasmas, he was of the most knowledgeable folks around on AVF, very helpful and knew what he was talking about. Bit bizarre to ban a TV expert...

Charlatan more like 😷 🙈 🙉 🙊, don't ask for any explanation, you won't get one.

@KuroUser:
"(...) in fact there are 2 further menu systems that only the factory could get to and THAT'S were the red tint issue lies, screwed up picture management algorithms NOT voltages."

That's very interesting. The question is, did he mean the factory in the UK or in Japan. If it was the UK factory I think it could be possible for a former Pioneer TV dealer to contact former contact persons of Pioneer's UK TV division how to access to those hidden menus.

I think if Pioneer had stayed in the TV business for a longer time, they would have fixed the red tint issue easily by a firmware update. But when did the first red tints occur? By 2010 Pioneer was already out of the TV business.

Charlatan more like 😷 🙈 🙉 🙊, don't ask for any explanation, you won't get one.
I’d be curious to know how Steve can be classed as a charlatan when he’s the UK’s ISF instructor (as verified on ISF’s own website). He’s also hosted events in conjunction with AV Forums previously.

I understand there has been some fall out along the way but he certainly isn’t a charlatan.

I’d be curious to know how Steve can be classed as a charlatan when he’s the UK’s ISF instructor (as verified on ISF’s own website). He’s also hosted events in conjunction with AV Forums previously.

I understand there has been some fall out along the way but he certainly isn’t a charlatan.

Find out for yourself, why is he banned off here, there is another if he is that great?

I'm not getting into it so that's all you are getting.

Please do not discuss who and why they may have been banned. :smashin:

I've still got Steve's KRP600a - voltage adjustments and all ;) - still going strong!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom