Do you think MS will do something like this

captainchats

Prominent Member
Reaction score
So i watched the sony press conference the other day and i already knew it was out in japan they confirmed it was coming over here.

What I'm talking about is the Playstation Tv and the main feature that has caught my eye is the remote streaming essentially letting you have your ps4 in say the living room and being able to stream a game to the PSTV to the tv in the bedroom.

This to me a guiness idea and i really hope Ms are looking at releasing a device like this.

So what do you all think, would you buy something like this??

i know i would.

That sounds like a great idea, would def solve a problem for me.

Same for me and probably a lot of others too. I can imagine it now. I'm playing in the main room and the misses and Daughter come in they want to watch a dvd while I'm right in the middle of a game.

I just take my controller upstairs turn on the device and BOOM carry on gaming!

That would actually persuade me to buy a PS4 over an XBOX....totally brilliant idea. How would the controller cope if your in a different room though? Would the signal reach ?

One word "lag"

First thing that came to mind... I have been trying to lower lag on my setup, surely this would inherit lag somewhere between the PS4 and the device it's streaming to? Would the controller then Sync to the PS Vita TV box? Because it wouldn't work still if you were upstairs!

The controller I suppose connects via normal means to the (ps tv device) which in turn is connected to the ps4.

You say lag but it uses the same tech as the remote play feature when using the vita

MS have been working on this for a while
plus a xbox 'streaming device' has been rumoured for even longer (think successor to MCE Extenders)

controller wise they moved to WiFi Direct, so not a major issue

all thats missing is a tabglible product, come on MS...

Whilst I thought this would be a great idea I never use my Vita for remote PS4 play. I did for a few days, playing stuff in bed for instance was a treat but I never bother now.

MS are annoyingly in a better position than anyone to realize this into reality. Who doesn't have a windows laptop/desktop/tablet/phone in their house that they could use as a remote device, way more people have that sort of set up than people with vita & PS4. Add a USB Gamepad and you have a full remote console client. This is the sort of seemless integration they need but they are the only company that doesn't see this.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom