Question Do you think Kef Q300 will make a difference in my system.

rosario144

Novice Member
Hi
At the moment i am using a Cambridge Audio 351c CD player, Marantz pm66 ki signature and i have a pair of wharfedale 9.1 and Eltax 3 monitor. Do you think that if i go for the Kef q300 i will have an improvement in the sound quality that is worth the speaker upgrade.
Thanks

muljao

It's hard to say. Thje kefs should improve on the wharfedales (without hearing them the KEfs are a highly regarded speaker at 450 pounds from 5 yrs ago being also quite physically big and powerful, the wharfedales are a highly regarded speaker from 14 yrs ago at sub 200 pounds), but the Eltax monitor 3 seem a high enough end speaker.

I think if you explain what you think is lacking in either set you may get a better idea of how to improve. Some amps do not sound their best after many years (apparently) and may need a service, so maybe an amp service might be a better move , but I am sure some will chime in with better advice

KenM10759

If you can still get Q300's they should be "clearance priced" because the new Q350 is now in stock and shipping here in the US. I would guess they'd be shipping in the UK too.

bruny

Can't say if they would be an upgrade as I haven't heard any of these. But KEF Q300 are discounted as was already mentioned
KEF Q300 Bookshelf Speakers

KenM10759

Apparently there's a dealer in the US who has Q950 and Q350 in stock. He got to hear the Q300 and new Q350 side by side and said the new version has a clearer tweeter and midrange, bass about equal. It won't be long before the new ones are in the hands of folks who will do a professional review with measurements to back it up.

doggy

I bought the q300 to replace my old bw 601 s1. In my opinion they sound better. Much better sound from cymbals.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom