Do you think I would see a benefit?

nheather

Distinguished Member
Putting the Blueray vs HD-DVD question aside for the moment - it is important to me but I don't think there are any definitifves answers on that yet.

I currently have a 42" Series 8 Pany Panel (1024 x 768) and a reasonable SD DVD player that has HDMI and upscaling capability.

The pictures I get in SD are very good. I also have SkyHD and whilst I can see an improvement in HD over SD it is not that huge at my viewing distance (about 10').

So do you think I see any benefit in using one of the HD DVD formats?

Or do you think I should wait a few years when I upgrade my screen - if I were buying now I would get a 50" 1080P screen, but since I have already invested I can't see me upgrading for another 2 years or more.

Cheers,

Nigel

maxipax

Hi
Is your Tv like a Pano TH-42PX60B plasma, this is what I have and have the same question as you

Regards

kingfats

Distinguished Member
Putting the Blueray vs HD-DVD question aside for the moment - it is important to me but I don't think there are any definitifves answers on that yet.

I currently have a 42" Series 8 Pany Panel (1024 x 768) and a reasonable SD DVD player that has HDMI and upscaling capability.

The pictures I get in SD are very good. I also have SkyHD and whilst I can see an improvement in HD over SD it is not that huge at my viewing distance (about 10').

So do you think I see any benefit in using one of the HD DVD formats?

Or do you think I should wait a few years when I upgrade my screen - if I were buying now I would get a 50" 1080P screen, but since I have already invested I can't see me upgrading for another 2 years or more.

Cheers,

Nigel
Hi nheather :)
If you can see an improvement with SkyHD,you will again see another jump in PQ when moving up to high definition discs. :smashin:
Bigger screens are better when it comes to HD but loads view on your size of display and love it. :D
The trouble is,if you keep waiting,you'll missing out.....................life's too short. :cool:
Some info that might be of help.
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=671678

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom