do you shower daily?

Twice daily mostly for me,especialy when it's hot like this.

There's nothing worse than getting on a bus or the tube,and sitting next to someone stinking of BO :thumbsdow

Try working with a stinker every day ! , it's warm and humid where I work and this bloke stinks , he is from a different country ( not being racist BTW ;) ) but I do wonder if it is something to do with it ...

Try working with a stinker every day ! , it's warm and humid where I work and this bloke stinks , he is from a different country ( not being racist BTW ;) ) but I do wonder if it is something to do with it ...

It is down to genetics and race!

"Scientists have found that some ethnic groups find bacterially degraded sweat from people who have the same basic immune system markers inoffensive, while they find bacterially degraded sweat from people who have different immune system markers very unpleasant. Other ethnic groups react to bacterial decay, not the individual immune system markers. In general, people with ancestors from Europe tend to disregard body odors from genetically similar individuals, while people with ancestors from Asia tend to be sensitive to the odor itself, not the genetic markers. "

So perhaps "race" may have more to do with it than you think!

I don't see how people can say "think of the water bill" about showering daily... This is an tech forum, where many many people have hundreds/thousands of £££s of tech equipment (cameras, speakers, TVs, PCs, macs, smartphones, tablets, cinema rooms for some!) and always looking to upgrade... don't tell me you can't afford a shower at least once a day...

Its either pure laziness (no excuse!!) or liking the smell of your own sweat (needing psychological help).

Have you told him? I know I would.

Or just turn up for work wearing a gas mask,he might get the message then :laugh:

I know a couple of people who stink, and without being too blunt, they make my stomach turn.

one in particular has made some bizarre excuses for not bathing, such as being allergic to soap (******** excuse as I am allergic to it, there are alternatives to soap), not being able to afford said soap he claims to be allergic to, or powder for washing his clothes etc, yet this was the same person who would be in the pub as soon as the doors opened, "investing" his giro money on beer and pumping what little he had left into the fruit machine in a hope of getting more out of it than he put in.

don't get me wrong, I know there are people who are incapable of looking after their personal hygiene, and as such, I don't have an issue with them. my issue is with those mentally & physically able bodied individuals who CAN do, but choose NOT to, then make crackpot excuses for not doing so.

I'm shocked that some people can just go to sleep especially on a summers night (not that we've had much recently) or any night really, and then get up the next day and just put some clean (I'd hope they're clean clothes but not holding out much hope) clothes on and go to work.

Some of you remind me of staff I've worked with that have been called in by managers for the "hygiene talk" must be awkward.

Everyone has lazy days, but I just don't feel right leaving the house if I haven't had a shower. I generally have two a day, morning and night, and extra ones if I've had sex :laugh:

Showering with soap? Heh! Pussies! Caustic Soda FTW! :smashin:

I find it doesn't work quite right unless you rub it well with steel wool as well. :thumbup:

I was having a shower in a hotel this morning (one of those in the bath showers). Went to turn off the water but instead turned the dial the wrong way and got scalded. To avoid the hot water I stepped back, slipped, and now I think I've cracked a couple of ribs. :(

Shower pretty much daily here given the job i do has plenty of dust and **** floating about so if i didnt i would have a gradually dirt mark on my body parts which were not covered.

The colour that comes off me is disgusting after 1 day. On the other hand there is a guy on my shift who stinks and defo does not wash daily. You can see the dirt in his hair pores on the back of his neck and he actually has a dust/dirt mark all round his neck where his t shirt line starts. Rancid

Does anyone still have one of those awful shower curtains?

I used to hate them,spent most of the shower trying to get unstuck from the thing :laugh:

Yes every day. Sometimes twice if I do exercise and feel I need another one.

On the rare occasion that I don't shower then I do feel a bit grubby during the day.

Would not like to calculate the odds of that one - their first post as well.

Didn't even get to mentioning the avatar IS ALSO A SHOWER!

Just off out to buy a lottery ticket!

poll needs adding. i generally don't

bad-smell-o.gif

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom