Do you run your pj in eco or full brightness mode

How do you run your pj eco or full brightness

• Total voters

kbfern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys further to a thread on the forum at the moment regarding eco mode I want your help to see whether you run your pj in eco/bright.

Personally as I always use my pj in a fairly well controlled light environment (but not a bat cave) I have always elected to run any of the projectors i have owned (3 now) in eco.

This is for a number of reasons,lamp longevity/fan noise is lower and lastly but most importantly I have always felt that the pj was bright enough in eco anyway.

So what do you do?.

Last edited:
I run my JVC HD350 in eco mode and with the iris in the most closed setting.
The PJ has done about 200hrs and I am projecting onto a 1.0 gain white 92" diagonal screen. I find the image brightness is just right. I don't want to reproduce plasma tv brightness, I want to feel that I am watching a film in a small cinema. My room is well light controlled and I have black felt cloth on my ceiling in front of the screen and dark brown velour curtains down the side walls and behind the screen.

As previously advised, it's eco mode for TG!

Not just my JVC HD750, but there's an ECO button in my Vauxhall Vectra! :D

I did maybe the first 2000+ hours on eco and the last 1000 on bright as the lamp started showing it's age.

Lasted the full length of it's rated lifetime but wouldn't fire up and stay lit after that.

I had thought about both but then that would skew things percentage wise.

If you use both vote for which you use most.

My guess is upwards of 75% will use eco,I appreciate as lamps get well into 2/3rd's of it's life you may up it to full brightness to compensate for dimming.

full for me:Dto me the image looks far better:thumbsup:
if ive paid nearly 2k for a projector i want to watch the best picture possible:D

I think people could put which projector it is with if they want, or not.

It just makes me want to ask everyone which projector its with.

My screen is here!

full for me:Dto me the image looks far better:thumbsup:
if ive paid nearly 2k for a projector i want to watch the best picture possible:D

did you calibrate the projector? and if so how?

I prefer better blacks, so run with my HD350 in eco lamp and the iris stopped down less than half. Even at 350 hours it's still bright enough in my semi batcave. It helps that I have a screen with a little gain though (1.5 claimed, nearer 1.2 in prcatice).

Full for me I like the brighter colours and my living room is not exactly ideal but I don't think it needs to be these days as PJ's are brighter!!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom