Do you regret ordering the Xbox series X

dyspraxicowl

Established Member
Reaction score
ive just ordered the Series X,
i wanted one from the minute it was announced, and struggled with stock etc.

after clicking buy, i wondered if i would get optimum useage out of it, i maybe game for a hour or so every night, but i do enjoy it

im guessing at the moment its not a massive improvement, however did it wow you?, or did you just regret the outlay

I got one at launch and havent played it since Xmas.

It didn't WOW me no, I don't think I say i regret it, but maybe waiting a little longer would have just been fine.

But there is just something about queuing up to get it on launch day, I don't know why makes you turn into a kid again haha.

I certainly wouldn't pay the prices people are asking 2nd hand.

It didn't WOW me no, I don't think I say i regret it, but maybe waiting a little longer would have just been fine.

But there is just something about queuing up to get it on launch day, I don't know why makes you turn into a kid again haha.

I certainly wouldn't pay the prices people are asking 2nd hand.
argos have them in stock, i also have that kid again feeling - im ordering a new headset to go with it too

I don’t regret it.

Don’t really need it just yet, but’s it’s so much quieter the my Xbox one and the loading times are much faster. I can start a daily Ops mission in Fallout 76 well before my teammates turn up.
The new games will be later this year, so you’re not missing by waiting at the moment.

I remember at lot of people buying new launch consoles previously, only to then say shortly after that they would sell them and buy again later when the games are available for them 😁

I just happened to be lucky in getting one and knew it was early days, as usual, so again no regrets.

Unless you need the money to pay for the gas and electric, why worry ?
The way I see it is it will be worth it in the long run.

argos have them in stock, i also have that kid again feeling - im ordering a new headset to go with it too

I got one on launch ha, I know I don't really need the headset but again I'm like, yeah I'm getting them!! I think I just love spending money 🤣.

Well let's say, if somebody offered me 500 quid for mine now, id refuse it. So I suppose, no I don't regret it. They are amazing machines. They are that quiet you don't know they are on too.

I'm jealous that you're getting an hour a night gaming time. I get that a week but I still don't regret getting it.

I don't regret it at all. True, most of the games I am playing are enhanced Xbox One games, so I could have waited, but I love the better graphics and better load times.

Thanks to Xbox Gamepass, I haven't used my PS5 in weeks.

I was lucky enough to pre-order and get it on launch day and I really like it. I have a PS5 too which is barely getting used at the moment and this is coming from a huge PlayStation fan over the last decade or so.

You may not see a huge difference to begin with, especially graphically if you're coming from a One X or a Pro, but you will notice some things such as the quickness of the machine. Not sure what games you play, but a few have had fps upgrades which is a big thing for me personally. Started playing The Division 2 again and it feels great playing with a smooth 60fps. Same with a few other games that have had upgrades.

It didn't WOW me, but I've loved playing it and being back with Xbox and I definitely don't regret buying it.

Coming from the PS4 pro as I wanted a change and to relive the Xbox 360 times and I don’t regret it one bit it’s brilliant. Playing mainly call of duty Cold War online and call of duty has never looked so bright and sharp and sound so good with such little lag

Big thumbs up from me it’s brilliant

Nope.

for a start its not an xbox one series X this isnt an xbox one

do i regret getting one? maybe i would have waited till xmas 2021 rather than getting one at launch as this year has been too early and kind of a non starter. also I wish i would have got it directly from Microsoft so i could have got the Microsoft complete with it for 3 more years warranty

As i said in the 'PS5 underwhelmed' thread over in the PS section, the boost in loading speeds, the 60fps in many games and the enhanced for X¦S games have made it a worthwhile purchase.

I'm one of the very fortunate few that have a Series S & X plus a PS5 and I have no regrets in buying any of them. I would hate to have to go back to my One X now, when I powered that up a couple weeks ago, I hadn't realised just how slow that machine really was compared to the new consoles.
Due to Game Pass and the Forza games it's the Xbox consoles that get most of my gaming time.

In conclusion for me, No, I don't have any regrets buying/ordering it at all, my only regret is not always having the time to play on it.

I would hate to have to go back to my One X now, when I powered that up a couple weeks ago, I hadn't realised just how slow that machine really was compared to the new consoles.

That's the biggest thing I noticed. You get so used to the instant on and the Quick Resume. I think those are the biggest advantages over graphics etc (they don't bother me as much personally)

And Game Pass is the best thing ever.

Last edited:
I bought one this week and now regret not getting one at launch (went PS5 only to start with).

Have given my One X to my son now - the Series X, like any console, will need star games to really sell it, but the improvement its brought to previous gen games (FH4 was a fantastic improvement to my eyes) still makes my feel I've got enough out of it, just for now at least.

Xbox One to Series X,big jump for me...so No

I bought one and Gamepass and I’ve just built a £1800 pc, I don’t use the pc at all I’m smashing destiny 2 all the time on Xbox it looks stunning on my OLED, just so easy to sit and play on the tv when I chuck the wife out the room. Coming from the PS4 it’s great don’t regret switching and getting one.

No but I regret buying the ps5, haven't switched it on for weeks, there's literally nothing to play on it

No regrets, the combination of the excellent console with the Game Pass makes it a great purchase.

As i said in the 'PS5 underwhelmed' thread over in the PS section, the boost in loading speeds, the 60fps in many games and the enhanced for X¦S games have made it a worthwhile purchase.

I'm one of the very fortunate few that have a Series S & X plus a PS5 and I have no regrets in buying any of them. I would hate to have to go back to my One X now, when I powered that up a couple weeks ago, I hadn't realised just how slow that machine really was compared to the new consoles.
Due to Game Pass and the Forza games it's the Xbox consoles that get most of my gaming time.

In conclusion for me, No, I don't have any regrets buying/ordering it at all, my only regret is not always having the time to play on it.
I am in same boat as you with all three consoles. Not sure which game to play on what console

I don't... but my wife might.

I've gone from gaming an hour a month at the most, probably not even (over the last 10-15 years), to gaming 2-3 hours almost every night. I love(d) FPS games on PC from the age of 16 upto about 21, but then found beer and partying, so instead of upgrading my GPU by the hour, just dropped gaming on the head.

The pandemic, and next generation has got me hooked again. I never thought I'd play CoD, or enjoy an FPS with a controller. But I'm an addict. No regrets here. The £450 it cost, is less than what I'd have spent on beers in one month had I been allowed to go out, so..... meh!

It's also, weirdly, been one of the most sociable things I've done during lock down. I never thought I'd own a headset so 12 year olds could scream and shout at me, but actually being able to go online with mates and catch up, has actually been decent.

Haven't regretted it in the slightest! Got it as a present on Christmas Day, but I'd been asking for money for a few birthdays and Christmases to buy a next gen console, I was split between which one to buy, XSX or PS5 but went for the Series X due to Game Pass and my existing games plus other reasons. And I love it. Played it loads love it's speed and how quiet it is, REALLY love how I can literally be in a game from its rest mode in about 10 seconds or less! It looks cool and isn't overly big. Quick Resume is awesome too. It also downloads games really fast.

Only thing I've been thinking is do I need a VRR OLED, my current OLED isn't a year and half old yet, but it lacks VRR and 120hz, it's a Sony AG9. But I'm tempted to swap to a Panasonic HB2000 or whatever their flagship 55" model is.

Anyway love the Series X.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom