Do you regret ordering the Xbox series X

Miss Mandy

No regrets at all here. I hadn't planned on going next gen at launch, but it was my birthday in November and my Dad said he pay for a console if I wanted one. I decided on the Xbox as pre-orders were a little easier to get at short notice, but I usually end up with both consoles anyway.
The Xbox has been a great purchase though. I put in over 100 hours on AC Valhalla and I've recently started Cyberpunk, but its Game Pass that has really kept me busy. Its so easy to dip in and try games that I wouldn't normally think about and I've been putting a decent amount of hours into Destiny 2 recently too. I probably get about 20 hours gaming in a week now as its so quick to get going I can just jump in when I fancy it.

francobegbie

I 'downgraded' from a high spec PC (rtx 3080 etc) and I couldn't be happier. Struggle to tell any difference in graphics in the games I play (although I'm sure there are some), great frame rates, plus the nice little things I can't get on PC like quick resume, or are more convenient like how easy it is to set up in a different room. All at a fraction of the cost too! For me, as a casual gamer, the Series X is perfect.

iwb100

Distinguished Member
I 'downgraded' from a high spec PC (rtx 3080 etc) and I couldn't be happier. Struggle to tell any difference in graphics in the games I play (although I'm sure there are some), great frame rates, plus the nice little things I can't get on PC like quick resume, or are more convenient like how easy it is to set up in a different room. All at a fraction of the cost too! For me, as a casual gamer, the Series X is perfect.
Casual gamer who had the 3080 - not having that.
But yeah my view is you get close to PC performance now. Close enough that vast majority can’t tell the difference. And those traditional PC gamers on YouTube say the same thing too.

francobegbie

Casual gamer who had the 3080 - not having that.
😂😂😂

I got the upgrade bug and kept buying new RAM, CPU, GPU until I had a beast of a rig. It was only then I realised that I only really played Warzone a couple of nights a week, and it was complete overkill.

Ironically, since getting the series X I probably play more games as its more convenient. Even Game Pass seems more accessible - I had it on PC but never really used it. Now if I hear about a game I can start the download from my phone and try it out.

TeddyThePug

Standard Member
Only slightly disappointed I could have got a digital PS5 off of amazon today for £100 less than I paid for the X. Happy with the console though so far. The 4k bluray I bought for it looks nice but I doubt i'll use the drive more than once or twice a year...

The latest video from AVForums

Toy Stories - Turning Toys into Blockbuster Movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom