Do you recommend(or currently run) Intel & Nvidia build or an AMD build for VR gaming?

Do you recommend or currently run a Intel / Nvidia OR AMD build for your high fidelity VR ?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

ArmitageShanks

I don't disagree but if it is likely to get worse and you need a PC then what?
Unless you have a professional use for it, no one needs a gaming PC. Want perhaps, but need, no.

CJ90000

Well my new pc turned up from FIERCE PC. Pretty quickly built and tested (in 2 days as opposed to 7-10...pretty fast....) only thing is i explicitly told them i didnt want the Palit Gamerock 3090 card (you had choice between Asus Strix, Msi x trio and the Gamerock 3090) 3 times i told them not to use that card. Surprise surprise i open the case and its the Gamerock. So i dunno.... sure this is probably a case of me complaining my diamond shoes are too tight 🤑 but i didnt really want the Palit one (from reviews i'd read its one of the poorest performing 3090s)

So i'm undecided hrmm. If i start using it (to test performance) then i think that affects my consumer return rights.

SeaFirelIV

Well my new pc turned up from FIERCE PC. Pretty quickly built and tested (in 2 days as opposed to 7-10...pretty fast....) only thing is i explicitly told them i didnt want the Palit Gamerock 3090 card (you had choice between Asus Strix, Msi x trio and the Gamerock 3090) 3 times i told them not to use that card. Surprise surprise i open the case and its the Gamerock. So i dunno.... sure this is probably a case of me complaining my diamond shoes are too tight 🤑 but i didnt really want the Palit one (from reviews i'd read its one of the poorest performing 3090s)

So i'm undecided hrmm. If i start using it (to test performance) then i think that affects my consumer return rights.
Well I said build it yourself. What more can a guy do? You made the decison, you have to decide what you're gonna do now.

CJ90000

Did a bit more research - i guess its not too bad. Apparently performs comparably well with its 3090 AIB siblings. Though tbh its a silicon lottery - will do a fair bit of testing 🤞

CJ90000

Congratulations on the arrival of your new pride and joy 😀
Thanks. Case is a bit bigger than my mid tower build. Only have 3 installed fans as no option to add more when I bought. To the right of the pic on the board there is slots for 3 more. Will buy some from amazon. I'll post a finished pic with 'RGB' on 😂

Attachments

• DSC_5575.JPG
    DSC_5575.JPG
    195 KB · Views: 14

hicks55

Novice Member
I think for HL Alyx Ryzen 5 3600 (or smth), GTX 1660 Super, 16GB RAM is enough. At least I have a similar system :D

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J Thoughts, madVR Processor & Sonus faber Lumina II Reviews + Movie & TV roundup
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom