1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you really need more than 128meg?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by bonzobanana, Jan 3, 2005.

1. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    I seem to spend so much time finding enough tracks to fit on a 128meg player and then I find sometimes theres a couple tracks I wish I hadn't bothered with in the first place. Also I find my most common activity is to put repeat on for one track only and listen to that continously for a while.

I know you can program tracks but I tend to just hit play and play the lot and just hit repeat for individual tracks. Do I need more memory? I might add that I've used my player quite a few times with only about 25-30 meg used as I've only loaded on about 6 tracks.

Just curious how people get on with the 512meg models and how they fill them up and organise tracks etc?

Also its worth pointing out that as I use mine for cycling so once I set the player going I don't really have access to the buttons and it will play for about 35 minutes non stop (my commute time). Obviously if your walking or using one on a train/car its different you have a hands on option to change tracks etc.

2. Smiley Man

Smiley Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Depends what quality you have the songs in, all mine are 500k ogg so about 15meg each

3. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    I only have mp3s and only a small percentage are 320k. I have probably 5,000 mp3s and about 4 wmas! I tend to like listening to pretty wierd stuff like game music. I seem to spend more time listening to the music of shenmue, panzer dragoon saga or quake for example than mainstream popular music.

4. Deep-6

Deep-6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    bonzobanana, I used to listen to StreetFighter II music in school many years ago. All my friends thought I was sad and crazy, but they were listening to Vanilla Ice! :rotfl:

I don't suppose you have any music from the game Capcom vs SNK: Millenium Fight 2000? Back in the Dreamcast days I had a bunch of mp3 songs for this game but lost them!

Cheers!

5. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    I might have, I'm not sure to be honest as I'm not very good at indexing/organising what I've got. I tend to just burn a load onto a cdr and then write on the disc 'mp3'. If I remember whats on it I might add 'game music' or something to the label but its all pretty vague. I'm pretty sure I have streetfighter music of some description but not sure if its that title.

There is a binary newsgroup for mp3 video games downloads. Worth checking out if your super ultra sad like me ;-)