• Yes

Votes: 626 75.1%
  • No

Votes: 130 15.6%
  • No - but intend to within the next 12 months

Votes: 78 9.4%

• Total voters

lee667

This weeks Makro Mail, a Sharp BD player for £70. They always leave the VAT off but that's still only £80.50. At work so don't know the exact model number, suppose I could look up the Makro website. Will try post it on later!

Oh and 2 launch PS3s so no plans for a seperate player......
it's £79.99 plus the vat as I had the same leaflet, still comes out at under £100. Only thing is there doesn't seem to be any reviews about it online.

lee667

I've got a ps3 but will be buying either a sony, samsung or another ps3 as I need another player for my spare room.

sonysean

I have a PS3, and use it mainly for its Blu-ray :D

BISHI

Blu ray BD350 ............:smashin:

Quaddy

not yet, still on hd-dvd and sd dvd around the house

i will have to turn eventually, just not a priority ATM.

edit: lol, i didnt hold out long, just plumped for sammy BD-P4600 today. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

neroon

Just out of curiosity do the players play blu ray discs from all over the world and also multi-region for DVDs?

I have no intention of upgrading anyway for at least a few years and not before Babylon 5 get the HD treatment. I'm currently happy with SD on my 32 inch TV, DVDs look and sound great. I realise HD is much better, well on bigger screens especially, but as I said I'm happy with what I have and may as well get some value out of my DVD collection first.

Sonic67

Banned
I'm waiting for the prices to drop to under £100, which I can't see in the next 12 months, so I voted no.
Phillips had a blu-ray player selling at Asda below £100 six months after this post.

I have two PS3's.

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
Phillips had a blu-ray player selling at Asda below £100 six months after this post.

I have two PS3's.
I've had a poor experience with Asda electronics and was thinking more of the bigger brands.

Mind you, that's not saying much.
I bought a Samsung DVD recorder for the bedroom.
Hardly used for viewing, never burnt a single disc with it and it's packed up :thumbsdow

Nah, I'm still in no rush.
I don't want any of the extra content (although HD sound would be nice) and the PQ, whilst definitely better, isn't that big a deal compared to upscaled DVD imo.

No doubt when I get round to deciding to change, there will be another format out and BD will be as cheap as chips :D :smashin:

namuk

Distinguished Member
Amazon had the Sony 360 £89 and Panasonic DMP BD60 for £110 when i last looked :)

I've had a poor experience with Asda electronics and was thinking more of the bigger brands.

Mind you, that's not saying much.
I bought a Samsung DVD recorder for the bedroom.
Hardly used for viewing, never burnt a single disc with it and it's packed up :thumbsdow

Nah, I'm still in no rush.
I don't want any of the extra content (although HD sound would be nice) and the PQ, whilst definitely better, isn't that big a deal compared to upscaled DVD imo.

No doubt when I get round to deciding to change, there will be another format out and BD will be as cheap as chips :D :smashin:

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
I'll probably be getting tempted soon.

As I said HD sound would be nice, but whatever I go for will have to have analogue outs as there's no way I'm swapping my amp for a new one.

I don't want much for my money do I? :D

namuk

Distinguished Member
I'll probably be getting tempted soon.

As I said HD sound would be nice, but whatever I go for will have to have analogue outs as there's no way I'm swapping my amp for a new one.

I don't want much for my money do I? :D
analogue out your looking at £170 for DMP DB80 they were £400 last year .. other models around same price.. best thing is mate there coming down :)

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
Recently bought a BD drive for my PC so my vote would be yes if i didnt vote no several months back