Do you notice a big difference in TV size?

ainsleyb

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have a 75’ Samsung Q70r in the living room and I’m considering getting a 65’ LG CX for the office. Primarily going to be using it for gaming/movies.

My question for owners of multiple televisions is do you notice a big difference when moving between a smaller/larger set? If so are you drawn to one rather than the other for certain content?

My concern with the 65’ is that despite it being an OLED and higher quality than the Samsung, it might not have the same impact as the larger screen, especially for movies.

Don't overlook any differences in viewing distance - the 65" might be a smaller screen but will you be viewing it closer up in an office, compared to your lounge TV ?

Very true, I’m about 8-9 feet away from the 75’ which is slightly too close for me.

In the office I could be anywhere from 4-9 feet away from the 65’.

As it’s quite an expense my main concern is to make sure that I don’t feel underwhelmed when going between the two due to the size.

If 9ft from a 75" is a bit too close for you, then I would say 9ft from a 65" should be fine ? It's hard to advise really, as this kind of thing is so subjective.

Personally, I'd be more concerned about the increased 'burn in' risk from gaming extensively on an OLED than the immersion issue... and that's coming from an OLED fan :)

Yeah thanks for the advice, I’d be looking to get it from John Lewis for the additional warranty they offer for £140 that should cover burn in. I know it’s not supposed to be as big of an issue on the newer sets but purely for 5 years piece of mind I think it’s worth it.

Yeah thanks for the advice, I’d be looking to get it from John Lewis for the additional warranty they offer for £140 that should cover burn in. I know it’s not supposed to be as big of an issue on the newer sets but purely for 5 years piece of mind I think it’s worth it.

If you know the score, then that's great. I do game on my OLED but the games I play the most have minimal HUDs and I also use lower luminance/brightness settings just to be on the safe side.

If 9ft from a 75" is a bit too close for you, then are you also not concerned about the possibility of being as little as 4ft away from a 65" ?

If you know the score, then that's great. I do game on my OLED but the games I play the most have minimal HUDs and I also use lower luminance/brightness settings just to be on the safe side.

If 9ft from a 75" is a bit too close for you, then are you also not concerned about the possibility of being as little as 4ft away from a 65" ?

The 9 feet away is fairly new for me with the 75' as I've recently moved and used to sit about 11-12 feet away. Could just be the initial adjustment of being closer.

With the 65' id probably sit more comfortably at a 5-6 feet range, from what I've read thats the sweet spot for HDR gaming/movies with that size TV.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom