Do you need a streaming box like Nvidia shield pro for a 2021 Samsung TV?

downloadingdata

Novice Member
Reaction score
If my main goal is to get lossy Atmos via the streaming apps: Netflix, Disney + etc. Do I need to get an Nvidia Shield pro? Any chance of the 2021 TVs getting atmos support for Disney + in the future?

I'm also a little worried about lag in sound if streamed via a box like the shield pro as I have an Arc which needs the TV to passthrough Atmos

If my main goal is to get lossy Atmos via the streaming apps: Netflix, Disney + etc. Do I need to get an Nvidia Shield pro? Any chance of the 2021 TVs getting atmos support for Disney + in the future?

I'm also a little worried about lag in sound if streamed via a box like the shield pro as I have an Arc which needs the TV to passthrough Atmos
The Shield Pro 2019 is far far better than any built in app on a TV and faster more flexible. if you are after lossy audio stick with in built apps, but if you want to get the best out of it a shield is the answer imo. i have zero issues with lag on my shield which is connected to my AVR and furthermore I dont use ARC or eARC

How do you not use arc or earc and get lossless sound ?
Connect shield directly to amp or sound bar then pass video to display.

What connection method do you use, as the Shield has no optical out?

anyone who recommends the shield pro for just streaming purposes no offense is lying

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom