Do you need a streaming box like Nvidia shield pro for a 2021 Samsung TV?

downloadingdata

Novice Member
If my main goal is to get lossy Atmos via the streaming apps: Netflix, Disney + etc. Do I need to get an Nvidia Shield pro? Any chance of the 2021 TVs getting atmos support for Disney + in the future?

I'm also a little worried about lag in sound if streamed via a box like the shield pro as I have an Arc which needs the TV to passthrough Atmos

whitehart

If my main goal is to get lossy Atmos via the streaming apps: Netflix, Disney + etc. Do I need to get an Nvidia Shield pro? Any chance of the 2021 TVs getting atmos support for Disney + in the future?

I'm also a little worried about lag in sound if streamed via a box like the shield pro as I have an Arc which needs the TV to passthrough Atmos
The Shield Pro 2019 is far far better than any built in app on a TV and faster more flexible. if you are after lossy audio stick with in built apps, but if you want to get the best out of it a shield is the answer imo. i have zero issues with lag on my shield which is connected to my AVR and furthermore I dont use ARC or eARC

razy60

How do you not use arc or earc and get lossless sound ?
Connect shield directly to amp or sound bar then pass video to display.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Hisense A7G, Zidoo Z1000 & Kudos Cardea C10 Reviews + Movie News and Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom