Do you live with a hoarder?

Backspace

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I and my sis inherited my mom's house back in 2000. I've been living in it since I was her caretaker as she was crippled with Rheumatoid arthritis (That disease suck big balls). My sis moved in and practically took over the house. All I have is my room but that's ok, I get to pay only a quarter of the expenses and she didn't like it but she can blow me. I'm 68 and still single. My lady friends are gone and I don't care anymore.

I have my own bathroom and they have theirs. I keep my rooms clean and their house are filthy. My nephew is 49 and not worth an F. My sis is the same. I can't believe people living like that. I had to convert my room into an apartment and I have fun doing it. The only thing bad about my room is that the walls are old and I'm not going to worry about painting it. So far I have my own:

AC
Refrigerator
Food cabinet
Freezer
Microwave oven
Toaster oven
And lots of shelves. I just put up a shelf for my new toaster oven. :p

I got an Invacare bed for $100 from an estate sale and it's remote controlled. I mounted my TV on a swivel and I can watch TV, DVDs or Amazon Fire while comfy in bed. I can also play my Retro games as well. I spoiled myself rotten. :D

Here's my wall to wall furnishings. If I show you pics of their house it'll make you sick so I'll spare you that. You don't wanna see it. It's ridiculous but what do you expect from trailer trash?

Youre room is looking nice and cosy , you seem to be doing the best with what space you have,well done you , head up , i like youre little dog too.

Thanks mate, you've made it worthwhile. :)

That's Fisher, my little guy. We've been together for 13 years. He was a year old when we brought him home off a parking lot. The vet gave him a clean bill of health and I had him neutered. :cool:

Wow 13 years together , say hello to Fisher from the uk, Anyways Backspace your pad looks great and you are doing the best with the gear and space you have , enjoy it mate.

Thanks mate and yeah, he's my teddy bear. I dread the day that he's gone. I will be very lonely. :(

Women are terrible hoarders!

I secretly throw one of my GF’s items out every day. Something that she doesn’t need, covered in dust, has no purpose, has no value (sentimental or monetary), etc.

Some of the crap she keeps is unbelievable. If I didn’t throw any of it away, we wouldn’t be able to move.

Yes. Myself. I am a hoarder. I'm also a collectormaniac too. Throw in the fact I am easily addicted to things, and slightly obsessive (not OCD, I just obsess about things) and it's a dangerous cocktail. If you include my slight kleptomania, you understand why I have more pint glasses than I can ever drink out of - to the point I have duplicates that live in additional cupboards because my hoarding and collectomania cannot let me get rid of them.

It is a problem...

Collectomania? That's a new one to me.

Really?

Noun
collectomania (uncountable)

An obsessive desire to collect things.

It's what you do with DVDs :thumbsup:

Are blokes allowed to say cute? Argh sod It that dog is cute.say hi to fisher for me.

These recent threads from the OP really make me feel like I'm in....

IMG_0193.JPG

Really?

Noun
collectomania (uncountable)

An obsessive desire to collect things.

It's what you do with DVDs :thumbsup:

It really is a thing. It can be both satisfying and a PITA at the same time. Interestingly, I don't collect DVDs

Yeah, my Daughter :p she won't throw anything anyway and her little bags are a whole other matter, the things are like a tardis when she empties them out, I still cant work out how she manages to fit so much into them :eek:.

yes i know a few hoarders and i can't stand it. it's ok to collect stuff as long as its done neatly and cleanly

It really is a thing. It can be both satisfying and a PITA at the same time. Interestingly, I don't collect DVDs

I collected the DVDs because it's a hedge against my financial collapse. When I don't have the net anymore I'd be stuck with the OTA TV. Have you seen American TV? It suck big balls. I hate it.

Also I have movies that was never seen again after its run.

I notice you have Fisher as youre Wallpaper on your laptop, whats your favorouite film of all time Backspace?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom