Do you invest? (inestment advice)

Hixxy9241

Established Member
Reaction score
well i have recently come into some money and do not want it to just waste away so have been thinking of how i can make my money grow. Be it starting a business, putting it into a online money pool to borrow to others and get a small percentage back each month or even buying lumps of gold and see how it fairs at the end of the year

i don't really have any friends who invest their money and looking online can be abit dangerous when you have no real feedback on others experiences

i have seen investment bank account but tbh 2% at most a year seems pointless

i seen this earlier which made me laugh as i thought maybe invest in a expensive watch, he hopes to make close to £2k profit in a few months
Omega Speedmaster Ck2998 and Omega Professional Moonwatch | in Shirley, West Midlands | Gumtree

if you do not wish to post where you invest publicly here feel free to message me

for reference i would be willing to invest around £4k depending on how long the time frame is to see profits

thanks for any advice:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I invest in funds through a broker but it takes a long time to get right so for that route it's best to play with some imaginary money and learn the easier way.

i seen this earlier which made me laugh as i thought maybe invest in a expensive watch, he hopes to make close to £2k profit in a few months
Omega Speedmaster Ck2998 and Omega Professional Moonwatch | in Shirley, West Midlands | Gumtree

Made you laugh, why? I think you might have misread the advert. Where does it say he’s after 2k profit??

The seller is a member here and until recently the watches were listed in the classifieds.

For Sale - Omega Moonwatch CK2998 Limited Edition and Omega Professional Moonwatch.

Err, he’s selling two different watches. Maybe go back and re-read the advert.

That said, certain watches are actually pretty good investment pieces.

If you are after some quick gains, work the crypto markets. Especially the deregulated decentralised markets can have some superb gains. But you got to work for it and investigate the projects to get in earlier. But as always, what goes up can also go down. And you make your profit when you buy.

Oh you have to be very careful as it can go up or down. And it is a bit late, hence my suggestion for the deregulated decentralised markets. Get in early on decent projects and it is pretty easily to more than double your money in a year...

There is no easy investment to make big profits otherwise the Rich would be even Richer. But if you do find a way, let us know. :)

Have a look at Sirius Minerals, I’ve been in sometime now but I’ll still maintain any SP under £1 is s bargain as this mine will be built. Dividend returns won’t be until around the 2021 mark but expect a healthy return on any current investment. Stage 2 funding will hopefully be agree soon which will boost the SP, this may happen as early as next week

There is no easy investment to make big profits otherwise the Rich would be even Richer. But if you do find a way, let us know. :)
The rich pay professionals to make them richer.

The rich pay professionals to make them richer.
Indeed, and actually not a bad plan to take a look at what the family offices for say Rothchilds, Rockefeller's, etc are investing in. If you don't want to do your research yourself...

I suspect they will get someone with high speed trading facilities.

I suspect they will get someone with high speed trading facilities.
I was more talking about the higher gain investments. Series A venture capital, STO/ICO, crowdsourcing. Besides the 'mundane' everyday trading :)

I have funds that are running at 8-14 percent a quarter, does that help?

I have funds that are running at 8-14 percent a quarter, does that help?
It's nice and if they are steady like that I'd consider that for some long term investments. I've also got ICO's where I got in at the pre-sale stage and they are within 12 months running at 500%. But it is all about risk, and for those kind of projects one should definitely do their homework as you could loose it all as many never deliver anything. What I tend to do is when it runs at a significant increase say a 2x multiple, get my original investment out, then let it run and every now and then pay some attention to it. But I'm not longer as attached. Then use that original investment and start looking for other projects that want to launch and are looking for capital.

That is why I don't think blanket advice across the internet can be given. I've had people trying to give me money when we started our startup in the pre-round. I said no as I didn't want that responsibility and they got to do their own homework and understand it.

And if not, pay the pro's, be happy with the fees and a lower percentage.

Have a look at Sirius Minerals, I’ve been in sometime now but I’ll still maintain any SP under £1 is s bargain as this mine will be built. Dividend returns won’t be until around the 2021 mark but expect a healthy return on any current investment. Stage 2 funding will hopefully be agree soon which will boost the SP, this may happen as early as next week
They also signed a large European off take deal this week too.

It's nice and if they are steady like that I'd consider that for some long term investments. I've also got ICO's where I got in at the pre-sale stage and they are within 12 months running at 500%. But it is all about risk, and for those kind of projects one should definitely do their homework as you could loose it all as many never deliver anything. What I tend to do is when it runs at a significant increase say a 2x multiple, get my original investment out, then let it run and every now and then pay some attention to it. But I'm not longer as attached. Then use that original investment and start looking for other projects that want to launch and are looking for capital.

That is why I don't think blanket advice across the internet can be given. I've had people trying to give me money when we started our startup in the pre-round. I said no as I didn't want that responsibility and they got to do their own homework and understand it.

And if not, pay the pro's, be happy with the fees and a lower percentage.
The difference is that I spend a bit of time each day tracking things and am in the process of writing the second generation of tracking software to make it easier.
For someone who doesn't want to be involved very often yes, it is very different.

For example, a few weeks ago I noticed global equity (particularly North America) was weakening so moved to global technology.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom