Do you intend to purchase Natal for the 360?

Will you be buying Natal?

• I already know that I am definitely going to buy Natal!

Votes: 15 14.9%
  • I am on the fence, and I'm waiting for more info before I decide!

Votes: 63 62.4%
  • I will NOT be buying Natal, no matter what!

Votes: 23 22.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So much of Natal is unknown - I think that's the real problem.

I want to see how the voice/facial/gesture recognition works in and out of games. In some games, the D-pad is used to select different weapons, so voice recognition could be used for that. Natal can "see" you, so it could provide instant feedback, in the same way that Burnout Paradise does if you have a Live Vision Camera attached. Will I be able to launch games and apps with speech? Will I be able to invite people to games by saying "Invite mattclarkie" or whatever? How well will it work if I'm holding something in my hand(s)? If I'm playing a driving game, for example, could I hold the Wii Wheel from Mario Kart, so at least I feel like I'm turning a wheel? If that works, then even holding a frisbee as a steering wheel would work, lol. There is a TON of scope there - things that I think a lot of people haven't even considered - but it's whether or not they implement that stuff and how well it works that matters.
Hopefully they see the potential this has and work on things like that but work on them to an extent where they work to a useful point not as a gimmick that isnt worthwhile

Hopefully they see the potential this has and work on things like that but work on them to an extent where they work to a useful point not as a gimmick that isnt worthwhile
That's it. If MS are savvy, they will appeal to the "casuals" and "non-gamers" but they'll also appeal to people like us. There are a lot of casual games on the 360, but the console is perceived as for the "hardcore" and I'm concerned that they might use Natal as a vehicle to change perceptions and widen the market, which would obviously be a good business move, but it wouldn't offer me much. In the year since the last E3, there hasn't been 1 single press release or rumour that makes me think "Natal is aimed at me too", so my expectations for next week are not really that high. I expect to be impressed by the tech though, even if it's not for me.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom