Do you intend to purchase Natal for the 360?

Will you be buying Natal?

• I already know that I am definitely going to buy Natal!

Votes: 15 14.9%
  • I am on the fence, and I'm waiting for more info before I decide!

Votes: 63 62.4%
  • I will NOT be buying Natal, no matter what!

Votes: 23 22.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DJSigma

Ex Member
Reaction score
This thread is motivated by THIS one. It'll be interesting to see how/if peoples' opinions change after E3.

I went for the middle option for both Natal and Move. I've seen more of Move than Natal as Sony showed off the retail product and some of the games already, but I'm not convinced enough to buy either just yet, especially as I don't know the prices.

EDIT - Thinking about it, I should have made the voter names public in both polls. It would hardly be beyond the realms of possibility for someone who doesn't even own a 360 to come in here and vote for the third option, lol.

Last edited:
All i can say is i've had more forged £20's that have looked more legit than the video they first showed about natal, will wait till E3 before making my mind up so have selected the 2nd option :smashin:

regarding your edit: wise move but why can it only be 360 owners that vote, some people may only be interested in the 360 due to the possibility of Natal and from what they have seen may have made their minds up that neither natal or the Xbox 360 is the right choice for them.

to make it even more unbiased the forums should implement that you have to leave a reason for your vote before allowing you to select an option.

Last edited:
regarding your edit: wise move but why can it only be 360 owners that vote, some people may only be interested in the 360 due to the possibility of Natal and from what they have seen may have made their minds up that neither natal or the Xbox 360 is the right choice for them.
True, but I wasn't really thinking of people like that. If you look at the Alan Wake review poll, a guy that's never once posted in the 360 section of the forums gave it 1/10, the lowest score possible. That's the kind of voters I'm talking about. Bit sad that we even have to discuss this really!

1st. From all the footage I have seen I will need a clear space of 3 meters x 3 meters for it to work, and I don't have 2 meters x 2 meters. I need more info before I buy.
2nd. There must be a fair few games released before I get one, I rushed out to get the Camera and only played two games both very dull, I'm fed up of buying over-rated tat.
The concept is brilliant, lets just hope its flexible enough to work in peoples front rooms or even their bedrooms.

Have voted on the fence. Similar to you I'd like to see more about the games and price though I am leaning to the side of no

Natal doesnt even have a real name yet

I voted yes on this for 3 reasons

1. Im a real sucker for this kind of thing, and I love the idea of motion control menus etc.
2. I have a Wii but the low def, crap response is annoying me so this could be the solution.
3. When my the younger family members come over they will love this (even if its not that good in the end)

Might be great, mostly likely to be OK but what the hell.

As mentioned in the other thread I'll be buying this over ps3 move I have a wii so the ps3 concept is to me pretty much like a wiimote
But as always for me the games will be the biggest draw

If the price is good then it will be purchase for me :)

Some of the games so far look like good fun for all the family, so if its not hugely expensive then I will get one.

Plus I'm hoping you can use it on the dash Minority Report style :cool:

Deftones

If it's reasonably priced (and by that I mean under £50, preferably lower), I might get it. It does depend a lot on what MS manages to show regarding usage, games etc. I guess E3 next week will give us a better view on this.

No simply another gimmick, they should stick to what they know best and quit trying to compete with the Wii, same goes for the PS3 and the Move..

Like most I am waiting for more info.

Would be good to do a post E3 poll as well to see how many people change their mind after E3 based on the information given out there.

Hopefully a couple of the guys I work with will be getting some hands on experience so will feed back their reports.

Fingers crossed MS and other developers/publishers find really interesting ways of using Natal's unique feature set. I want to see hardcore games implement Natal in subtle ways for those that own it--perhaps wishful thinking, I know. If it's just a bunch of party games, I probably won't bother*.

The E3 showing is vitally important. I'm sick to death of that ball bashing game.

*Having said that, it would be a great excuse to finally get rid of the Wii, which has been collecting dust for years now.

On the fence vote from me, not particularly excited about it as got a bit tired of novelty controls with the Wii, although of course Natal could potentially be something totally different.

Will wait and see, as much as it's capable of, it'll be just as important what the developers do to intigrate it into their games, if it becomes all about the family fun, and having people around in some sort of gaming house party, it won't be for me.

Also, my missus being Latin, talks alot with her hands, worried it could play hell with my gaming:rotfl:

*Having said that, it would be a great excuse to finally get rid of the Wii, which has been collecting dust for years now.

For your own sake, at least play Mario Galaxy 2 first;)

Im on the fence at the moment.

If MS show us some good stuff for it next week and the games are done well and look like they will have some longevity in them then I will be all aboard.

If its just standard party games like that ball hitting one, then I wont bother.

The price has to be reasonable too though, Im not paying over £60-£70 for one.

all about the games, if games i want to play use it in a clever or interesting way then maybe, if it's all mini game collections like the wii is flooded with then no

I'll definitely be getting one. For the kids, obviously :D....

....Yes, that'll do.

I voted "I will NOT be buying Natal, no matter what!" but could have done with an extra option "Very unlikely" as there's always a chance it will prove as ground breaking as MS claim.

The new "pro" instruments in Rock Band 3 look more enticing so far.

i said i'd keep the fence warm but it would have to be sliced bread x10 to stop it from ultimately becoming a 'NO'.

i said i'd keep the fence warm but it would have to be sliced bread x10 to stop it from ultimately becoming a 'NO'.

Exactly the same opinion here. I can't say I will never buy it (I said the same about Guitar Hero and I love the games now), but I can't see how it could ever convince me to buy it.

So much of Natal is unknown - I think that's the real problem.

I want to see how the voice/facial/gesture recognition works in and out of games. In some games, the D-pad is used to select different weapons, so voice recognition could be used for that. Natal can "see" you, so it could provide instant feedback, in the same way that Burnout Paradise does if you have a Live Vision Camera attached. Will I be able to launch games and apps with speech? Will I be able to invite people to games by saying "Invite mattclarkie" or whatever? How well will it work if I'm holding something in my hand(s)? If I'm playing a driving game, for example, could I hold the Wii Wheel from Mario Kart, so at least I feel like I'm turning a wheel? If that works, then even holding a frisbee as a steering wheel would work, lol. There is a TON of scope there - things that I think a lot of people haven't even considered - but it's whether or not they implement that stuff and how well it works that matters.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom