1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

do you HAVE to use sonicstage?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by bringoutthegimp, Jul 17, 2005.

1. bringoutthegimp

bringoutthegimp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    im going to be getting an mp3 in the next couple and i guess ill be going for a Sony NW-HD5 since its fairly cheap BUT, i read that you are made to use sonicstage to transfer mp3s? i have a sony atrac cd player and i have used sonic stage before, now this is probably the worst piece of software i have ever used, are there any other ways to transfer mp3s across to this player or some sort of hack?

2. bringoutthegimp

bringoutthegimp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    also to save me making another thread what are the headphones you get with this player like? the headphones i got with the atrac player i got were really terrible and i was very dissapointed because the cd player was top of the range, im just hoping it isnt the same with this player, otherwise ill have to use the headphones i got with my sony cassette player years ago which were pretty amazing, i guess they didnt think this was cost effective.

3. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    There is a drag & drop tool available (which still needs full Sonicstage installation), but if you use that you can't actually see what's inside the player... i.e. you have to keep shuttling between Sonicstage and the drag & drop if you want to see what's on the player.

It is Universal Mass Storage for data, but all music is encrypted (even MP3's) onto the player... so it needs the OpenMG encrypting bits and either the Sonicstage software or the drag & drop tool.

The included earphones are usable. Not utter crap, but there's definitely room for improvement.