Do you have to keep ANYTIME

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by drizzle2, Jan 15, 2008.

1. drizzle2

drizzle2
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all:hiya:
    Reading some of the posts here, it would appear that the new ANYTIME is causing problems.

I never want to go back and watch things and was wondering if you are required to keep this option ?
    If not please tell me how to uninstall the ANYTIME
    Thanks
    Kate

2. mkcurtis

mkcurtis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    On my Sky Hd box it is possible to switch it off, so the same for Sky+ Boxes I would assume. Hidden away on your menu somewhere "ANYTIME SETTINGS"

You can switch it off but it does not free up any space for you so youll end up with half your disk not being used.

I think anytime does not cause problems (dont flame me for that comment, just not something that causes problems for me!). Some people are just annoyed about the way Sky use it for providing content you cannot view because you do not have the correct subscription or the fact that they try and use it for HD Movie first showings also if you switch it off you do not get that space for yourself. Thats the thing that annoys me.

3. Broadz

Broadz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,423
    Is Anytime causing YOU problems? If not, no point in uninstalling it.

Anytime isn't used to go back and watch things. Anytime is there to allow you to watch things prior to them being shown on "live" TV. All the movie premieres for the coming week are available in high definition from the Thursday night of the week before (on a Sky HD box). It also identifies programmes which you might not even have noticed were on - watch the Anytime showing of it, if you like it set the Sky planner to auto-record it for you when it is shown live from then on.

For example, that programme that was on Sky One last night about the Spa for people with embarassing illnesses has been on my Anytime since either Friday or Saturday. So, my gf got to watch it on Saturday afternoon, more than two days before it was officially transmitted.

4. drizzle2

drizzle2
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Ah!!I begin to see the point now.
    Just granny not wanting to get too tekkie and would rather things stay the same, as then I (think), I know, what I am doing(daughter would say that is debatable Ha!).

So will leave it alone, and maybe do as you suggest, have a peek at what they are putting on,thats if hubby isnt hogging it for ALL the sport programmes.

Thanks for replies.
    Kate