Do you have or plan to have spare Logitech Harmony remote for the time yours fails? (Poll)

Are you getting a spare Harmony remote to sit in your drawer ready when current one fails?

• I am considering it

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • I am getting one

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • I already have a spare ready

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • I have not thought about it yet

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • I have a spare but don't think I'd use it anyway

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters

Furnace Inferno

Even phones and tablets still have buttons on the side for volume and locking so clearly even phone manufacturers realise buttons are better for quick access for things just like a remote. Even high AV hear doesn’t come with touchscreen only remotes because they are simply not as good for task.

Everyone should copy the LG magic remote system because that thing is a dream to use with apps to point where you need. The only time the touchscreen has a remote beat is when you need to fill in forms and they allow you to type on it instead of entering the individual letters, otherwise nope.

As to the question I was using a Logitech harmony ultimate (boxed up at the moment) once that dies I have a Logitech harmony elite for the HT room and Logitech companion still boxed ready to replace the ultimate as the living room will only have a 2 or 3 devices at most including the TV.

sebna

Yes my only gripe with harmony remotes, in all their brilliance, is that they cannot mimick the magic remote awesomeness ;)

LG done something very special and I am very surprised, that not only it has not been copied since, but most importantly that it has not became industry standard by now... very strange indeed.

wiz

Distinguished Member
Worth a look at this

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
My Harmony borked last night and froze up. It's happened before.

Waited a couple of minutes and it went blank, then reset itself but had disconnected from my Nvidia Shield and needed paired again.

Started going through the routine of icons spinning endlessly, "connect to harmony servers", can't connect to hub, can't connect to servers, absolute PITA.

Then it throws up an error at me "B1000". I google it. Harmony has "blocked" my hub.

So I need to wait for them to respond to my email now to get it working again.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom