Do you have air conditioning at your gym?

sammy the squid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In short i dont. We have windows that are nailed shut and a number of ceiling fans and wall mounted fans that are either pushing hot air about or doing nothing. May as well be in a greenhouse (gym is on the first floor of an old building which used to accommodate an ABA club back in the day).

The warm weather humid or just hot, i hate. Unless the temperature at your gym is regulated, even if you're consuming the fluid, with the heat your performance suffers. I know mine does, mainly on the most demanding sets wether its a heavy one or a high rep one.

Gutted today as although you can never improve every workout, i hate it when i lose reps due to the blasted heat.

Does the heat bug anyone else? Or is it just me? Roll on winter/cool weather:smashin:

I'm working out now , at home. Sweating buckets

Just had an epic fail moment as I slid down my incline bench on a sea of sweat and ended up with nowhere to rack the bar . Roll of shame with no witnesses :)

So yeah, bring on the cold

Last edited:
I'm working out now , at home. Sweating buckets

Just had an epic fail moment as I slid down my incline bench on a sea of sweat and ended up with nowhere to rack the bar . Roll of shame with no witnesses :)

So yeah, bring on the cold

Lol that reminds me of when i used to be 14 years old and in my basement bedroom, trying to get an extra rep, but failing and in most cases having to roll the bar onto my stomach:D

Get the windows open mate and get a fan going :)

Infact this time last year i was fasting, and was going to the gym just before midnight and training to around 1-1.30am:eek: but it was nice and cool:clap:

I could live without A/C for the 4 days a year it is warm. In fact, you could never set foot in a gym when the temperature is over 20 degrees and still win Mr Universe :D

My gym does have AC, but i'd swap it for a few more weights benches. Of course, instead of adding more benches when they refitted last week, we now have a stupid "TRX" rack (crap) and some stupid reebok things that look like a prop from the Gladiators (crap 90s TV programme)

I don't know why I moan, I should just join the local spit & sawdust for £10 per month!

I could live without A/C for the 4 days a year it is warm. In fact, you could never set foot in a gym when the temperature is over 20 degrees and still win Mr Universe :D

My gym does have AC, but i'd swap it for a few more weights benches. Of course, instead of adding more benches when they refitted last week, we now have a stupid "TRX" rack (crap) and some stupid reebok things that look like a prop from the Gladiators (crap 90s TV programme)

I don't know why I moan, I should just join the local spit & sawdust for £10 per month!

£10 / month is ace. I pay £20, which isnt too bad. dumbells sufficent upto 65kg (i can do a couple of reps on these on my own pressing on chest) couple of squat racks, smith ok ( but counter weighted). The main issue is the temperature regulation.

The owner is actually a friend who used to train at the old gym i used to train as a teenager..ive had a few words but to no avail:thumbsdow

sammy the squid said:
Lol that reminds me of when i used to be 14 years old and in my basement bedroom, trying to get an extra rep, but failing and in most cases having to roll the bar onto my stomach:D

Get the windows open mate and get a fan going :)

Infact this time last year i was fasting, and was going to the gym just before midnight and training to around 1-1.30am:eek: but it was nice and cool:clap:

I've got the windows open front and back, which usually gets a breeze going through but it's pretty still tonight. Think I need to get a fan :)

I've got the windows open front and back, which usually gets a breeze going through but it's pretty still tonight. Think I need to get a fan :)

You can borrow mine if you're local :D ive got the landing, bedroom and bathroom window open and that breeze from earlier seems to have died:confused:

My old gym used to be 4 storeys up in some industrial units with fire exit doors on 2 parallel walls- open both doors and stand in the middle and with being a bit high up it used to be the breeze from heaven:clap:

We have AC at our gym, and windows that open a little. I usually stand near a window for a minute during rest to catch a cool breeze (see what I did there?)

The sun is actually very annoying when it is out, because my gym has skylights that are above all the benches. So when the sun is out and you lie flat, it is blinding and it takes all about 3 seconds for me to start crying rivers because of it.

We have AC but it rarely works. The gym area has now windows and is separated from the swimming pool with glass. When it's busy in there, you can tell when it is turned on but there are so many people in such a cramped space that it doesnt stand a chance.

Ours doesn't. This weather I try and get there at 7:30 am before it gets to hot and the sweaty Betty's leave a slimey trail of sweat everywhere.

Ours doesn't. This weather I try and get there at 7:30 am before it gets to hot and the sweaty Betty's leave a slimey trail of sweat everywhere.

Thats another thing that gets my goat..all the benches with pools of sweat because some hygenic buggers dont bring a towel in:thumbsdow ive been sweating more than normal, but amongst other things, always keep atleast 2 towels in my gym bag so i can give myself a wipedown between sets.

I went in at 11pm last night and was suprised how humid it was with just a few in. Saying that it picked up just after midnight and i was glad to be out by 10 past midnight!

Mine is like a sauna. I suppose it means less warming and loosening up is required but it slowly saps your energy too. Not good but what can you do.

Mine is like a sauna. I suppose it means less warming and loosening up is required but it slowly saps your energy too. Not good but what can you do.

Im not sure about the less warming up and loosening required mate. The heat doesnt do anything to warm my joints up or get blood flowing to the relevant muscles.

I could get away with the odd warm up set when i was younger, but my warmup sets are a lot more thorough now. As an example on chest with dumbells, in my early 20s i could start with 27.5, 37.5, 50 and 2 sets on 60s.

Now, to get a good stretch and warm up, its 12s,17s,22s 27s,37s,47s,57s and 65s!!!! Id say the first 6 are warm ups and the last 2 working sets.

All the heat does is make me sweat at a more intense rate, so by the time im at my second to last set, my muscles warmed up, but by the same token ive lost loads of fluid which affects the work rate in the working sets:lesson:

Really cant wait for this humid weather to pass..roll on winter:smashin:

sammy the squid said:
Thats another thing that gets my goat..all the benches with pools of sweat because some hygenic buggers dont bring a towel in:thumbsdow ive been sweating more than normal, but amongst other things, always keep atleast 2 towels in my gym bag so i can give myself a wipedown between sets.

I went in at 11pm last night and was suprised how humid it was with just a few in. Saying that it picked up just after midnight and i was glad to be out by 10 past midnight!

There is a large lady in the cardio section whose sweat smells like pastys. She leaves everything she touches covered in sweat even though there are paper towels and detol spray available to wipe the equipment down .

This weather it's just nasty.

There is a large lady in the cardio section whose sweat smells like pastys. She leaves everything she touches covered in sweat even though there are paper towels and detol spray available to wipe the equipment down .

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

:eek::eek::eek: that is just disgusting:eek::eek:

You need to call environmental health my friend and get her quarantined asap:D

Thats one funny post though Campy, im in stitches here:rotfl::smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom