Do you go on Media Blackout for movies??

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Soundwave, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Soundwave

Soundwave
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,459
    Might seem a bit random but does anyone else go on a "Media Blackout" for movies??

I'm Currently on total blackout for Transformers 2
    I've havent watched a single trailer or read an article about it apart from the initial announcements.

I do it regularly for big game releases but this is the first time I'm doing it for a Movie release.

I just dont want to spoil any of it by seeing trailers that give away half the story or action sequences...it amuses the entire family that everytime a trailer comes on I leave the room or close my eyes & stick my fingers in my ears while humming a tune :rotfl::rotfl:
    I'm looking forward to it so much that I want to be awestruck by the whole experience I dont want to think "oh thats that bit from the trailer or I read what happens here"

So is it just me or does anyone else go into Media blackout mode for movies??

Neil

2. Billy Goodgun

Billy Goodgun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,384
    Yep, absolutely! I tend to do this after I have gauged whether or not it'll be a film I'd like to see. I watch maybe one trailer, think "hmm, that looks interesting," and then go on a media blackout! I have done this ever since the original Toy Story, which left me cold once I realised all the best bits were in the trailer.

I take it a step further, too - I seem to be able to Selectively scrub my memory, so that I even forget what I've already seen in the trailer that first got my attention! I also tend to avoid reviews (other than a quick look at final scores) for fear of spoilers. :rotfl: It's one of the reasons I stopped buying Empire magazine - that, and the fact that the quality of their reviews started fluctuatiing wildly!

3. Singh400

Singh400
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,370
    I tried it with Star Trek 11. But I couldn't help but hear the words "space opera" which just completely skewed my pleasure. GAAAAH.

4. Pincho Paxton

Pincho Paxton
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +635
    Sometimes I go through Lost too quickly to actually read anything that looks like a spoiler, and stop at posts that seem to be grasping at the whole concept. If I read a spoiler I can forget about it anyway, as I have a selective memory.

5. eL-ZilCHo!

eL-ZilCHo!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    If its a film that looks interesting to me I try not to read/ view anything that may give anything away.

Ususally in vain though, as the trailers that typically bombard tv screens near release seem to be increasingly intent on showing the entire film in 20secs :rolleyes:

6. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +11,271
    It's a bit difficult being a mod of this forum and trying to go on a blackout, doesn't really work. :D