Do you feel/look your age?

Reaction score
I am 4 years off being 50 and don't think I look my age of 46. And I certainly don't act it.

I see school friends around town and they do look their age! Either they've lived a harder life than me, or I'm delusional.
IMG_1779.JPG

I feel my age and I'm just off 50. 4 years back I could hedge cut all day long but now I struggle with that kind of work.
There comes a time when your body just can't keep up even though your brain wants too. I've slowed down a bit and it's only been the last few years I've started going away on holidays thanks to my companion.

I feel my age and I'm just off 50. 4 years back I could hedge cut all day long but now I struggle with that kind of work.
There comes a time when your body just can't keep up even though your brain wants too. I've slowed down a bit and it's only been the last few years I've started going away on holidays thanks to my companion.

Does that mean it's gonna get me before I get to 50[emoji33]

No way :) as long as you enjoy life, do the things that make you smile then that's all that's required.

41- being honest, I still feel like I'm getting physically stronger every day.

People are often shocked when I say Inhabe a 15 year old son. Possibly has nothing to do with how I look but rather how I act:laugh:

I wouldn't care either way because up until my late 20's I always wanted to look older.

I certainly look my age, but at 45, I've found my filter - particularly at work, has switched off. I tend to not bother wrapping up my comments in prissy, passive suggestions, I just tell it like it is!
Matt Profile.jpg

To noiseyboy- I think you should go full skinhead.

Rousey, the frown in that pic makes it look like you are trying to bring down your hairline.

To be perfectly honest ladies and gents, you all look fine to me and I would happily spend time with any one of you.

Edit: hopefully I wasn't being rude to the gentleman- FWIW you both have much more hair than me!:laugh:

Bad news from me.

I am approaching 54. A year ago, maybe even 6 months I would have said that I didn't feel my age (medically). Everything was working well other than diminishing close distance (reading) eyesight.

But just in that last six months or so it all seems to have caught up on me - my bones and joints ache regularly, especially my feet and knees - very frustrating.

I still have a quite childish mind but I feel that my body which has been plateaued for many years has started on the downward slope.

The thing that frightens me the most is just how quickly it has come on.

And the trouble is once you reach my age going to the doctors is a waste of time - you just get the stock answer "things like this happen as you get older, there is nothing wrong and nothing that can really be done".

The other shocking thing is how difficult it is to lose weight. My wife, my daughter and I have all be on a low carb diet for the last 4 weeks. My calorie intake is well down. Other than walking none us do any real exercise. The pounds have fallen from my daughter but my and my wife's weights have barely budged. I do feel healthier but frustrating to know that cutting out the copious snacks, eating healthier and eating a lot less has barely had an impact on my weight.

Cheers,

Nigel

Last edited:
48 here and I think I look a lot longer *...

12512232_10153438480186524_106093674352481188_n.jpg

* photo may be a couple of years old and may not be a true representation of what I look like now.

I wont post a big picture but thats me on the left (37)

A few years back I started an annual reunion with my 3 best mates from school, we had all lost touch and now meet for a little 3 night break somewhere every summer. Compared to those 3 I look a good deal younger, but physically I'm like an old man after numerous back surgeries over the years.

Im at the age where I let out a little groan as I sit in an armchair.

I don't feel old, or particularly my age. Im a big kid and my own kids are at an age where we can all enjoy things together, gaming, gadgets, surfing etc

Mentally, Physically, tolerantly, positively and everything else I feel and look 20 years older than my 46 years

The only thing about me that is possibly not older that my age is my weight and waist size.

Ok this is me at 45, don't think I'm too bad but no doubt the smoking hasn't helped the wrinkles!
20170527_133419.jpg

I'll be 39 in few months and I generally look like George Clooney a few years back, just taller... or so I tell myself :D

oDuqUSL.jpg

This is me in the gym last year and is my profile photo.
I don't have a lot of photos of me, I am better the other side of the camera to be honest.

10410525_10152772350641524_7244632268752785545_n.jpg

I'm 40 now and look it. Still have a full head of hair, but 70% grey now.

I've only just started noticing in the last few months that my recovery time from little football knocks or strains are taking longer to heal now.

And just last week I had a full on sprint race for the ball with a younger lad over about 30 yards. I put the afterburners on but was surprised not to be able overtake him. Doing 100m in sub 11 seconds in my youth I am well used to outrunning people but there's something missing now. It's not like I was tired, I simply couldn't produce that extra bit of pace that I always had before. I guess it's all down hill from here on in :(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom