Do you care about backwards compatibility?

oldman100

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I liked to know what your thoughts are on backwards compatibility.

For me I really couldn't care less, basically I adopt the attitude that since I've just invested in the latest console the last thing I want to be doing is playing last generation games on it, it's time to embrace the latest games and move on.

However I'm a big retro fan (collector) having retained all my consoles since the very start of time, but very seldom if at all do I ever fire them up again perhaps with the exception of my HD Dreamcast.

I liked to know what your thoughts are on backwards compatibility.

For me I really couldn't care less, basically I adopt the attitude that since I've just invested in the latest console the last thing I want to be doing is playing last generation games on it, it's time to embrace the latest games and move on.

However I'm a big retro fan (collector) having retained all my consoles since the very start of time, but very seldom if at all do I ever fire them up again perhaps with the exception of my HD Dreamcast.
Maybe once the PS4 launches we'll be able to buy a PS3 for £60 like we could with a PS2. :laugh:

PS3 slims are already £150 for the basic model so not that far fetched.

Don't care at all, I want to play PS4 games on my PS4.

Would be nice as I have a massive backlog of games but I'll most likely keep one of my PS3s in my bedroom and if the PS4 launch line up is a bit skinny then try and finish some PS3 games.
Will probably sell or give away my other one ;)

Dont care atall

And no one will be once its out, just people having hissy fits.

Not bothered. Only PS2 game i played since the PS3 was released was FF12. That was only because I love FF :)

Never looked back since and will do the same when PS4 hits. Reckon theres going to be a great selection of release games to keep us all busy enough.

Dont care atall

And no one will be once its out, just people having hissy fits.

I think someone put it right when they said that when CDs came out they didn't no one complained about their tapes or their vinyl not working in it, they just kept a tape and record player and re-bought albums on CD!

PS3 games are for PS3 - PS4 is a completely new system and has it's own games. Why gamers come across that they are "owed" things I don't know :facepalm:

Don't care too much about BC, but I would hope to be able to transfer Singstar and Rock Band tracks.

I don't care about Backwards Compatibility out of the box on discs but would be nice to have the back catalogue given to us through streaming which is what it seems they are doing.

Sony have said today that bought PSN content and saves won't carry over either. It's fine with me and gives me an incentive to go back and Platinum as many games as possible.

I don't care about backwards compatibility, i'll be keeping my PS3 anyway.

Not one bit.

I don't care for it. No point in progression and evolution if you aren't using it.

I recently put a ps1 emulator on my android tablet then made iso's of gran turismo 1 and silent hill 1 that I had kept in the loft.
After 5 mins they were in the bin and it was all deleted. Looked and played hideous!

Don't care either.

My PS3 will migrate to the kitchen, so we can still game or watch a blu ray. And the blu ray already there will move to my bedroom and the old Panasonic DVD will go to loft heaven!

I don't care about it.

Had a launch ps3 with BC and in space of 3 years used it for no more than an hour in one sitting.

I'll keep the ps3 under tv for 1st year or so as an over lap period I expect.

No

I could not give a monkeys, people act as though there PS1, PS2 etc. blows up as soon as they buy a new console.

nope, but would be nice if my logitech dfgt worked on it.

mattg said:
nope, but would be nice if my logitech dfgt worked on it.

Agree and am sure it will.

Would be nice to have the option i guess, not overly fussed though

great thread. need to link this thread to some who moan about no BC in other threads

great thread. need to link this thread to some who moan about no BC in other threads

posted this in the other thread..

No backwards compatibility to PS3 games = NO SALE!

dont understand that attitude towards a platform, if you want to play Ps3 games us a PS3, simple.. if you have ps3 games then you will have a ps3.

did the snes play nes games straight from the box, no
did the MD play MS games straight from the box, no
did the N64 play Snes games straight from the box, no
did the Saturm play MD games straight from the box, no
etc.. did anyone complain then, erm no.

only since $ony decided to make Ps2 compatable with Ps1 game that it was put in everyones head that consoles needed to be backwards compatable.

of course there is the argument that i dont want all those boxes under the telly. BAH, rubbush. its called evolution, sell and move on or keep and enjoy.

i would rather have a great console at a lower cost with no hardware distractions just to play old games on it.

in any case hasn't it been said that you will be able to download Ps1/2 games to play on it. so it does have some form of backwards compatibility?

my2C.

I would like it to be - but when I think about it I admit I've never gone back to any old games again once a new console has come out, so it wouldn't be a deal breaker.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom